Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mid-60s Galion Model 118 need help identifying.

Deven_z71 · 2019-09-04 02:29

Good evening everyone, I’m not sure if I posted this in the right thread but if I’m wrong I’ll remove it. A few years ago I stumbled across an old Galion 118 at an abandoned mine behind my home, and I just now have gotten to urge to learn more, I know for sure the motor is a GM/Detroit Diesel 4-71 (N/a, I believe) but I can’t find anything on the year or any other options.I can’t find anything online with a lookup for the serial number. Serial number is 118-G-04127.Thank you!

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042019-09-04 09:52

    What do you want to know?

  2. #2Deven_z712019-09-04 14:01

    I would mainly say model year, I know very little about heavy equipment and I hope learning more about this grader could help me learn more about equipment.

  3. #3moemontour2019-10-02 19:24

    I have a Galion 118-series B, with a Galion serial number plate as shown in your picture. My plate is stamped 118-C-6-06321. The grader has a Cummins engine manufactured in 1964. Since your Galion has a 04127 serial number, I would assume it predates my 1964 machine by maybe a year or so.

  4. #4Deven_z712019-12-12 18:46

    Weird that the G model came before the C model. Ive found absolutely nothing online about 118 graders that arent ones for sale, even very little info on them on forums, but thank you for the help!