Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mid 70’s IH 3500 loader valve maker?

IH 3500A ยท 2009-10-10 20:58

Any idea who made the hydraulic valve for the loader and what series it is? From the pictures, it sort of looks like a industry standard V30 series stack valve but the lower bolts are outside the fluid pattern and not between. ( If you look at a V 30 valve you will see what I mean. ) The goal is to purchase a valve section to operate a forklift side shifter I'm adding to the tractor. This model tractor did have a aux valve as a option, the dash is cut, labeled and lever pivot is there. Finding a used valve would work also, I'd use the bucket valve section. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1willie592009-10-10 22:10

    What pictures? Heck, I don't even know what a V30 valve looks like. I'm thinking finding a replacement section for a valve made back in the '70s may be difficult as it has probably become obsolete and replaced with a newer style valve body. And finding a used one of that vintage may be difficult as well because an old dead machine becomes attractive for the owner to move it to the scrap yard. Then again...I could be totally crazy and it's a valve that's still in production. Have you looked on the valve for any markings or numbers that might indicate who made it?

  2. #2IH 3500A2009-10-11 12:12

    Sorry, the pictures in the service manual. I'll try to find a online pic of a V30 valve ( sometimes called " Series 30 ").