Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mid 70’s jd 544 wheel loader

big country1982 ยท 2013-11-24 10:55

Can someone tell me where the engine oil drain plug is on this. I think I'm losing it. Something so simple and I can't find it. Lol please help

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2013-11-24 11:24

    I always drop it in the bucket, if you don't know where or when you lost the drain plug then I'm afraid you have bigger problems than finding the plug. Sorry, couldn't help it. Welcome to the site! Afraid I can't help. Can't you see the side of the oil pan from the side covers? Get some skinny hands to reach under and find out where it is?

  2. #2mitch5042013-11-24 11:53

    Some machines have it at the end of a hose.

  3. #3oldseabee2013-11-24 12:02

    644 has a 14" hose screwed into the left side of the oil pan looking from the rear of the machine. The drain plug is in the end of the hose.

  4. #4Mapleleaftrucks2013-11-24 13:56

    My 544 has a hose that runs down and comes out though the frame just behind the axle on the left side when you are sitting in the seat.

  5. #5stondad2013-11-24 21:33

    You don't say which model, but sounds like an "A", so I'll back up Mapleleaf. Delmer, your sense of humor is the same as mine. But usually no-one laughs.