Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mid 80s JCB 1550B left rear wheel locks up

68Chevelle327 ยท 2025-09-06 10:10

Hello, I have a mid 80s 1550B, and the other day I noticed a smell almost like a burnt clutch smell from your car with alot of crackling noises coming from the left rear while i was moving. I put the tires in the air and I couldn't rotate the left tire at all. The right side I could. I was able to loosen the brakes by opening the bleeder screw. I noticed during this my left brake pedal is very stiff compared to my right side. Is this a master cylinder issue? How hard is it to replace the friction brakes in the rear? I saw a video on YouTube where they pulled the rear end, but it was a different model and I was like that ain't happening for me. I'm in the woods without any kind of heavy equipment other than my basic hand tools and cardboard to lay on lol.. The service manual I have is useless. It doesn't say or show anything along the lines of is all I need to do is pull this side cover under the bleeder or does the rear end really need to be pulled out and split? Am i lucky and maybe its the master? Could a guy just just disable the left rear brakes? I'm not driving on the road at all. Just in the woods digging and moving stumps. Thank you.

Replies0

No replies yet.