Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Military front loader identification needed Vietnam era

Glenn Simone ยท 2012-05-25 13:10

Hi everyone! It looks like I hit the jackpot with this forum! If anyone can identify this wheel loader....I feel 100% positive someone here can! This picture was taken in 1965 in Vietnam with a Polaroid camera....unfortunately the unknown person taking the picture had his finger partially blocking the lens. This is the only picture I have of my father when he served in Vietnam. I'm looking for an image I can use to restore the back end of this loader and make it a complete image. If anyone knows where I can find an Image that would closely resemble this picture I would be eternally grateful! Glenn Simone

Replies16
  1. #1BillG2012-05-25 14:18

    The ones that I was familiar with were built by Pettibone and Chrysler. The one that your dad is operating looks like the 4K version and I know they built them at least to 10K capacity. As far as models go, sorry it has been to long.

  2. #2Trashman2012-05-25 14:38

    Looks like a Pettibone RT6000, hard to tell though, the model number may be OS3354.

  3. #3Glenn Simone2012-05-25 15:45

    Hi Trashman, Thank you for your prompt response. I tried to google this and came up empty ! Would you know if there are any picture images anywhere of this particular wheel loader? That would help me tremendously! Glenn

  4. #4Deere500a2012-05-25 18:25

    http://m.machinerytrader.com/Listin...e=Machinery&listingId=6834020&categoryId=1038 There are a couple of makers of the same looking forklift.

  5. #5Maola2012-05-25 18:55

    look what i found

  6. #6Maola2012-05-25 19:07

    ???

  7. #7Maola2012-05-25 19:10

    Steve 'Ferret' Cleary, 2Comp Ord 1967 Flickr - Photo Sharing! copy all this above that where i found it not a wheel loader its a forklift (lull) ?????????

  8. #8Glenn Simone2012-05-25 20:18

    Maola, You are wonderful! This is it....I can make this work! Couldn't tell if it was a wheel loader or forklift I'm just a novice with this kind of stuff. I can't believe it....although I knew somehow that someone in this forum would be able to come through for me. Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!! :usa

  9. #9Glenn Simone2012-05-25 20:22

    And this is almost in the same exact position....this will be easy to fix now.....couldn't be more perfect! Thanks! Thanks!....can't say it enough!

  10. #10DirtHauler2012-05-25 20:25

    Please post the end result, I am curious how far photo editing stuff has come. :usa

  11. #11Glenn Simone2012-05-25 20:31

    Photoshop is my best friend....work as a graphic designer for a trade show company...also graduated from Maryland Institute College of Art way back in 1978.....have extensive knowledge in this area...I'll post the results once I'm done! Love it! :usa

  12. #12Maola2012-05-25 21:44

    no prob would like to see end result TK

  13. #13Hendrik2012-05-27 01:45

    Is it a requirement to operate these things without a shirt on?

  14. #1495zIV2012-05-27 08:25

    Well, Considering they are United States servicemen working in a hellhole called Vietnam, yeah it probably was pretty much a requirement. I bet that they pretty much did the same thing when they were running equipment keeping you from having to speak Japanese. If you don't like that they're shirtless, don't look.

  15. #15Cat287B2012-05-27 08:40

    Tell your dad thanks for his service to our country, I hope he is well.

  16. #16Hendrik2012-05-28 01:50

    Aww mate, keep your shirt on, should have put a instead of a question mark but a emoticons requires a couple of mouse clicks