Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

military graders

Graderfan1981 ยท 2015-07-24 17:34

I thought I start a topic about military graders. Here you find some photos of different types: http://www.panzerbaer.de/helper/bw_pimasch_grader-a.htm

Replies17
  1. #195zIV2015-07-25 13:06

    Translated page https://translate.google.com/transl....panzerbaer.de/helper/bw_pimasch_grader-a.htm

  2. #2RonG2015-07-25 15:32

    I read someplace,maybe here,that "typing is not a substitute for thinking".Ron G

  3. #395zIV2015-07-25 21:51

    Ok? :beatsme

  4. #4Graderfan19812016-01-05 14:04

    The military 130G from Caterpillar was a special version from Caterpillar, now there is the 120M in military version, here the link to the brochure: http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10033681

  5. #5Graderfan19812016-09-09 17:33

    I have find a video from a Wabco military grader: https://youtu.be/5sX4Y4BB7jI

  6. #6ovrszd2016-09-13 10:55

    Does this qualify??? Tikrit Iraq.

  7. #7Graderfan19812016-09-14 16:25

    looks interesting this one, the cabin looks safe for attacking.

  8. #8Graderfan19812017-04-09 17:06

    Here are some pictures from a Aveling Barford Military Grader which i get send month ago:

  9. #9ovrszd2017-04-10 19:25

    Great pics. Wonder why the front dozer blade is tilted so much??? Sure wouldn't be any problem getting it to dig.

  10. #10old-iron-habit2017-04-10 19:26

    I would not want to be setting in that front seat in a war zone. Wonder if it had a purpose for something other than a open gun nest?

  11. #11Graderfan19812017-04-22 18:40

    This is a special lifting system. The ex german manufacturer Frisch has those too, but when it move down it has the right postion. Here a video from a military Aveling Barford grader:

  12. #12rsherril2017-04-23 17:14

    It looks connected to the scarifer position. When the scarifer is up, the dozer can go down into correct position and vise versa.

  13. #13cuttin edge2017-04-25 09:46

    I've always wanted a dozer blade, especially for those bad dumps on narrow roads. They always seem to happen right at the grade stake. Now that we use mostly blasted material with a higher dirt content, it's easier to keep from being hauled sideways into the stake. Plus the surveying technology makes it so much easier to pop a new stake in that the government technician doesn't give me the frownie face any more if I happen to lose one. And I don't know if I'm mellowing out with age, but the hired trucks seem to be in less of a rush, and try to do a better job tail spreading.

  14. #14Graderfan19812017-04-27 14:10

    In Germany have all graders front blades. It is not always good when truck spread thin, when you have to built up material in height of 15 inches for example are piles better, i know a grader operator which make often work what bulldozer do, he would miss the front blade. I know here in this forum was a topic about front blades, i hope i find it on weekend.

  15. #15cuttin edge2017-04-27 21:17

    Having a good dump man is half the battle. Someone who reads grades, understands slope, and has a good understanding of how each truck driver spreads. Around here the grader never spreads sandstone, or sub base because the government spec wants the material tramped by the tracks of a dozer. The dozer can't touch crushed material because they don't want it tramped. We do 18 inches of 3 inch minus , or a 5 inch crushed sandstone that has passed spec. Because of the slope of the ditch, we do a 9 inch lift, step in in order to match slope and stake it for another 9 inches or the finished grade of the full 18 inches. Go back and string line and compact for spec. Step in again for slope, and stake for 6 inches of inch and a quarter minus. Then go back again, replace any loose stakes, and instead of just having them 25 meters apart, put more in between at 12.5 meters. String line, and compact for spec again. Pull the center line stakes, lightly float the road back and forth, compact, 3 lifts of asphalt, pull the shoulder stakes, blend the slope from sub base to finished shoulder, place inch and a quarter minus from edge of pave to finished shoulder, compact, guardrail, signs, paint lines, go home. I only dump material in a pile if the road is really wide.

  16. #16Graderfan19812017-04-28 16:51

    Here in Germany it is very common that the sup base is made from a grader too, works fast and because that every grader here has a front blade, good to use. But interesting to see that in every country is somethings different. I remember when i see years ago a photo from grader of other country, i was very surprised how a grader without front blade look...

  17. #17ovrszd2017-04-28 19:10

    I don't carry my front blade when doing road maintenance. But if building an elevated roadbed or installing a culvert I always have it on. With Deere's toolbar it's a couple minutes to install or drop the front blade.