Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

miller big blue part identification

joeym1991 ยท 2019-01-22 10:52

I have a Miller big blue 400 Ser. # KG229410 I have to change a part on it. It arced off on something and broke, I can't find out what it is. I have a picture attached,

Replies5
  1. #1Birken Vogt2019-01-22 11:46

    A little more context might help. Where did it come from? Plugged into a socket? Did it used to have a clear plastic cover over all the live parts? If you can find that, it might have a part number on it. There should be a schematic inside one of the panels, that would be helpful for me to know what it is/does.

  2. #2joeym19912019-01-24 12:20

    It's screwed onto a panel nothing covering it, had 4 wires running to it it looked like 1 ran to an electrical outlet and I could not see where the other 3 ran. there's no other parts that look like it. the welding machine was made in 1996 I think so it's missing labels.

  3. #3heymccall2019-01-24 13:37

    Parts manual... https://www.millerwelds.com/files/owners-manuals/O463Z_MIL.pdf Although I see nothing similar.

  4. #4joeym19912019-01-24 14:37

    I found it it was #89 on figure 9-1, the CR2 relay it's supposed to have a cover over it. do you know what that controls

  5. #5heymccall2019-01-24 16:07

    I dunno. Here it is on schematic.