Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Milwaukee 18 V grease. Plunger won’t enter tube.

emmett518 · 2021-08-02 09:31

Has anyone seen an issue with a Milwaukee 18 V grease gun, where the plunger will not enter a new grease cartridge? Cartridge is not munger up or misshapen, and the metal snap top is toward the gun. Milwaukee tech support is less than worthless and told me to return it to Northern. Any ideas?

Replies10
  1. #1Oldcatpusher2021-08-02 15:08

    Tried any other brand of grease cartridges? I've had to send one of my Milwaukee grease guns in cause it was leaking all over and would put out a lot of pressure. They fully rebuilt it. New everything but the plastic molding. If you file a claim on eservice it takes about 2 weeks and you'll have it back. They pay for shipping

  2. #2emmett5182021-08-02 16:00

    Northern Tool was beyond amazing. Shipped me a brand new one, and told me to put the old one in the new box and send it back via prepaid label. Now that's service!!!

  3. #3emmett5182021-08-02 16:07

    I'm going to pick up a tube of Cat grease to see if that makes a difference. Maybe something with Lucas tubes.

  4. #4John Canfield2021-08-02 18:59

    I've put about 3 cases of grease through mine with zero issues.

  5. #5Vetech632021-08-02 19:11

    I still use the lever gun.....keeps my muscles in decent shape LOL

  6. #6Truck Shop2021-08-02 19:16

    We have 55's with pumps on 65' of hose on reels.

  7. #7CM19952021-08-02 19:36

    Interesting we have 3 and never had a problem with any of them.

  8. #8JD955SC2021-08-02 21:36

    Rotate the rod amd fiddle with it some and it will go in. It’s binding up slightly. I habe had this issue with Milwaukee and manual grease guns.

  9. #9skyking12021-08-02 21:51

    The dredging derrick was set up with the little drums, because we have to wrestle them into an awkward spot. I had a 50' hose and I think it was a Lincoln pump. The gun is hanging over the safety shield between the spare bottles and that 100' hot wrench, and the drum is inside that conex, which has some engine mount rails down the middle.

  10. #10emmett5182021-08-03 06:27

    The 55 gallon drum sounds awesome, but I'd never use it quick enough before it expired.