Anybody know who might have some good used buckets for Deere minis?Specifically,my new 35D with Deere's manual quick attach wedge system.Looking for 12'',24'' toothed and a 36'' to a 48'' grading toothless bucket.
The Deere style hitch is made by a company called Weldco Beales. I believe any attachment co can make any attachment style at this point. It will be incredibly hard to find em used but with patience and a lot of search time you might...
So far,Mother Deere is hands down cheaper on their new buckets than the 3 major attachment companies. I think I now have a handle on some used ones. Thanks
I wouldn't go any smaller than 48" on the grading bucket for a 3.5 ton machine. I have a 60" tilt bucket on my 5 ton and a 36" on my 1.5 ton, if that gives you any reference. If you get a tilt bucket, it will cut your grading time in half or more depending on how much sloping and shaping you get into.
Good advice joispoi,THANKS
Tuney, I've been looking for the same style, little smaller machine but I believe the quick attach is the same. I had found one at an auction but didn't have any$$$ to bid. Opening Bid started at $50.00(no reserve) didn't sell, I called the guy later and offered $150.00, he said he'd take $600.00 Bwahaahahahaha, sorry but if the reserve was going to go at auction for $50.00 I sure aint forking over $600.00 when no one bided.
Is it a wedge style one. I bought a couple buckets last year for 200 each brand new. They were werx brue brand. Theyhave x156 teethon them. Moddified mine to fit my wain roy qa. But the guy had 200 of these buckets. They were a bank repo he said.
204saskman; yes they are a wedge style
$50 dollars and no bids doesn't always mean it would have sold for $50. If a seller doesn't like the price he's getting at auction, there's nothing to stop him from bidding on his own item (or having a friend bid) and paying the auction fee if he has the winning bid.
Joispoi, there was no reserve(once the 50.00 hit) and no one bid. He still had the bucket, not sure what his issue was. Maybe he thought he'd get a lot of interest if he kept the reserve low. I think he just had a case of the ____ because no one showed interest
Did you save his contact info 204saskman? Also--does anybody know FOR CERTAIN if I do away with the JD coupler,what pin on buckets would work on my 35D?I know the 27 is interchangeable with the 35 on the wedge coupler.Found some official Deere wedge style buckets that don't even come up in Deere's parts system,strange.
Ill find the add. Its on kijiji in calgary alberta canada. He still had some in janruary so im guessing he has some left
nothing on there now would appreciate a link etc as well thanks.
Here ya go. He sold them to me for 200 but I bought 3 and a manual thumb and something else. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipm...ew/1013215463?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
thanks 204saskman for the link, looks like they're all 18". I'm trying to find a ditch bucket for mine(36"), might just be a future build(???)
I built my 45 inch ditching bucket. I was gonna go 36 inch the figured go big and cut it down if it was to big. But I could have went bit bigger if I wanted. Even wet heavy clay I can't tip extended right out. But my bucket is lighted built but I haven't wrecked it yet. The back is 10 gauge and then I lined it with 3/8" AR 400 and a cutting edge bolted on. The sides are also AR 400 too. It was simple to build and was worth the effort. Cost me about 1/4 or less than it was to buy one. Was quoted 2900 plus shipping for one I think I'm maybe 600 into this one. I'll get some pics. I think I have pics in my ripper build thread.
Wow 200 down to 2 left!
Ya but he had 24 inch 18 inch 16 inch and a few others too. I think he told me there was like 200 or even 300 total lol.
Was hoping for a 48" ish ditching bucket but sol lol.
I have a bit smaller machine 27zts that's why I was thinking maybe a 36", but now after reading your post maybe I could go bigger. I had a JCB 3500lb machine that had a 36" ditch bucket and it worked fine. I agree if I built it bigger I could always size it down a bit if needed. That'd be interesting to see. I also built a ripper for mine and really feel it is a needed piece of equipment. My ripper isn't purty (built with scrap I had lying around), but it gets the job done.
Talked to the guy yesterday.After he told me he only had 2 buckets left ,during my next question he hung up on me and hasn't returned my call from the voice message I gave him.Anyway,for anyone who wants a 18'' Werk Brau bucket,he wants $300
I'll get some.pics of it this weekend once I'm home. I'm off work and in school for 2 months here but go home on weekends. Ya I'm surprised he has any left to be honest. When no was there he had about 50 left. But I'll take some pics. Even with Jd 27 zits you could probably make a 40 or 42 inch bucket and you'd be fine.