Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MINI EX COMPARISON

DUNNER989 ยท 2020-03-31 12:23

I am having a hard time deciding on a unit for purchase. Deere 60G (2015 $60k, 1500 hours), Cat 305.5 (2015 $73k, 900 hrs), Takeuchi 250 (2013 $43k, 1400 hrs) and few others in between. What should I consider that maybe I havent thought of! I have not operated a Deere mini on a jobsite but it seems like the best choice???

Replies14
  1. #1Mark132020-03-31 13:32

    I'm not sure how prices are this year, but I bought new TB260 for less then used ones were bringing in Dec 2019. I never would have gone new until it ended up being cheaper. It might be something to look into before you make a decision.

  2. #2Batkom2020-03-31 15:41

    The 60G I had was a nice machine. That CAT seems overpriced. Never heard a bad thing about TAK and that seems to be a good price

  3. #3DUNNER9892020-03-31 19:49

    How do you like the 260? The Tak units are becoming pretty popular!

  4. #4DUNNER9892020-03-31 19:50

    Thanks for the feedback. The Deere seems like the best buy as it is, in my opinion, far bigger than than the other two. I had a bud tell me he found a 50G jerky?? Just one guys opinion?

  5. #5AzIron2020-03-31 20:22

    60 is a better machine than a 305 in my opinion just all around more power Tak doesn't have a good dealer here so I wouldn't know about that

  6. #6Mark132020-03-31 21:24

    I'm happy with it so far, but I've hardly used it. I don't think I've got but 5-6hrs on it since I took delivery of it mid February. Once the weather starts to dry up I'll get more seat time on it.

  7. #7Batkom2020-03-31 21:25

    I will say that my Komatsu is easier to be smooth with than the 60G. But the Komatsu is bigger older and slower. The 60G is definitely a step up from the 5 tone class machines- reach and abilities.

  8. #8cuttin edge2020-03-31 21:52

    Are you in Waterloo, maybe the Canadian prices are why they seem high to some.

  9. #9DGODGR2020-03-31 22:48

    I just ran through much of what you are asking. I didn't demo the Deere 60 (though my dealer wanted me to) but I did try out the 50G. I thought the 50 was a pretty nice machine but was getting pricey. I was able to demo a Tak 260 (new '19), Komatsu 55 (200 hr '19), and the Cat 305.5 (0 hr '20) at the same time and on the same job. I posted my findings in the compact excavator forum. Here's a link. HeavyEquipmentForums I will assume that you are talking CAD when you listed the prices. I'm in the US but I''m paying right at $73k out the door with (2) additional buckets, a hydraulic coupler and a zero hour 2020 model year unit with 0 down payment for 60 months. Check out the link for detailed info on why I chose the Cat over the others.

  10. #10Mark132020-03-31 23:17

    That price seems about right. Last October I was at 80k (before tax) for a 305.5 with a cab, angle blade, hyd coupler, 24" bucket, and a thumb. That was without me trying to work on the price at all. It was also 0% for 60 as well.

  11. #11Tugger22020-03-31 23:21

    A small thing from a part time operator, i have a 303.5 CAT . They have float on the blade which is pretty handy at times . Ive been on others that didnt have float and missed it. Ive put about 1500 hrs on my Cat and its been pretty good .My 2c s worth

  12. #12catman132020-04-01 00:54

    I have a cat 304cr about 2500 hrs happy with it. I would not buy right now, I would wait and see how companies fair from this corona mess , you might find a reasonable buy pretty soon

  13. #13DGODGR2020-04-01 20:08

    I decided that I didn't want the angle blade but I forgot to mention that it does have a thumb. The angle blade was going to add $3,500 to the cost and I didn't find it that useful.

  14. #14Mark132020-04-01 22:18

    I couldn't decide on the angle blade or not for my Tak, it was around a $3-3.5k option as well. I figured with the tilt rotator I could manage to get by without the angle blade.