Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini ex drive motors

hotwire22 ยท 2005-07-28 23:44

Who all out there has had to replace the track drive motors on their mini/small excavators. Tell me the brand and size of machine and the price of the motors. I think I am getting a royal screwing out of Thomas on my pt-15 motor. They want $2700 plus around $300 to ship it in from Japan. I will take that throw away piece of equipment and use it as a bass shelter before I put that much into it. Is this the typical price for drive units. This is only a 2000 pound machine!!!

Replies2
  1. #1nobull12005-07-29 18:20

    Have not had to replace one on any of my machines as of yet. When I was at the Kubota dealer one day I was asking about the price of drive motors. I was shocked that a drive motor on my 3.5 ton machine was over $5000 can or $4000 US. So I think your price might be right. This is one of the reasons why I did fluid tests before my warranty was up. Myself I would go to a local hydraulic shop and see what they can do for you. I have been told that a rebuilt is 2/3 the price of a new one, in our area.

  2. #2gearheadred2018-09-25 08:48

    you are looking at over 5 grand