New here to the forum. Currently our company has 2017 Bobcat E50 long arm, 2021 Bobcat E85, 2020 Kobelco 85 long arm, 2015 Bobcat T740, 2022 Bobcat T770, 2014 Toro TX525W, 2020 Toro TX1000W. We are looking to downsize to a smaller excavator to get under CDL towing with our 3/4 ton trucks. We're limited to about 10k max. machine weight but would like to keep it lower than that due to hauling attachments and materials on the truck and trailer. The most important thing to us in a replacement excavator is which machine has the most auxiliary hydraulic flow and pressure. We're trying to run a 10k drive head for installing helical piers. Our E50 runs the attachment just fine with 20 GPM flow @3045 PSI. If I can stay around that but with a smaller machine that would work out great for us. We'll be purchasing a new machine and open to most any brand.
https://www.wackerneuson.com/us/pro...ked-conventional-excavator/technical-data/tab I ran this machine in its prototype version and really liked. I have checked to see if I could find something with better specs and for its weight I couldn't, not to say there isn't something else out there. It says it ships at 8800 pounds, I imagine with a cab it would be heavier and some other options. It puts out 23.8 GPM at 3500 psi and 42HP it specs very well. We install helical piers as well, my Taki has about the same specs as this but weighs 14K. To get that kind of performance for around 9400 pounds is pretty impressive. We have a 12k head that we use on the Taki, and I like the excavator being a little heavier.
That looks like it fits the bill perfectly. I always forget about wacker equipment. Will definitely look into this machine. Thanks.
Thanks @KSSS The corporate dealer locator just sucks for WN, so I googled it and will give the local company a call
If you guys run it, post back your thoughts. I have not run it since the prototype and am curious what the thoughts are on the final version.
I'd like to hear more about helical piers. How much $ does it take to get into that line of work and what kinda $ can you make from it?
they are not getting marketed in the PNW.