I would like some opinions on some mini excavators. Any input will help. 1.Cat 301.8C with 325hours $9700 2.2006 Bobcat 323 with 2300hours $12900 3.2001 Bobcat 322 with 1870hours full cab $10000 4.IHI 15NX2 with 2028 $9600
choose the better dealer
Not a Cat fan club member, but geesh, that is low hours and it sure looks clean (Michigan listing?). Also appears to have aux hydraulics package...I would look over that one pronto...and in depth. A friend has that size machine (kubota)...he loves it, but it really is too small for serious stuff...easy to move from job to job though. Really needs a thumb for any rock or forestry work. Best of luck. Agree with previous poster about dealer support...will need parts.
Cat or ihi, are these dealer machines or private sale?
All private sales. I do have a Cat dealer about 5miles away from me. All have aux hydraulics. I rented a IHI from home depot seamed to work well. I now I need a thumb.
Bobcat makes a very nice excavator and there usually is a wide selection of aftermarket parts
Cat looks like the best. I had a bobcat 322 about ten years ago, it would not dig deeper than three feet. Not enough power. The bobcat 323 might dig but it's bound to have loose pins on the boom. I just sold two bobcat 425's that had just over 2000 hours. Replaced them with Deere 27d's. IHI has virtually no dealer network. Cat wins by default. Can't be hurt with only 325 hours. you can probably get your money back with more hours in a year or two.
The cat seams to be the best. I thought about the bobcat 322 because of the full cab but if it not that great at diging then what's the point. I just came across the cat.
kubota is hard to beat but the parts extremely high
I know kubota is nice but not really looking at them right now.
See what the service history looks like on the ones that interest you.... Good maintenance and upkeep go a long way....