Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mini excavator blade accessories and other attachements

BigEv ยท 2022-03-03 10:59

Hi, As posted in a separate thread I am buying Deere 60g and I'm looking at different options to make it as versatile as possible since it'll be my only machine on work sites. I'm going to be doing small scale residential land clearing for new constructions. I'll deal with the trees right then and there with a portable sawmill, log splitter and chipper instead of hauling it off. I will be welding a hitch receiver to the blade on the mini to tow my commercial chipper, splitter and sawmill trailers. I've seen a few vids on youtube of people doing that successfully. I'll also look into getting a Blade Buddy or homemade equivalent. Are there any other accessories that you think of that might be interesting to have? I'm still looking at different option for stump removal... probably just dig em out and dig a big hole for them or haul them off to get started. I like the idea of stumpex/dipperfox types.. this way I have a level ground to work on and leave the hauling job to the building contractor with larger excavators...anyhoo.. rambling away lol Any input and suggestions welcomed!

Replies1
  1. #1Chevoldsmoyota2023-12-08 14:23

    For stump removal I built a single tooth ripper with a sharpened edge. Slice through the earth near the tree on two sides, move 90* and slice the other two sides, then pluck the stump out. It works for trees up to about ten inches pretty quickly, but larger stumps take more time. Less mess than a grinder anyway.