Good Morning, I have a question(s) that has been rattling around inside my head. Is there some type of standard of dimensions for the mounting of buckets on mini excavators? It seems rather odd that there would not be an industry standard of pin dia-meters, hole center distances, distances between the ears, at least within a size range. I have a Takeuchi TB035. No one seems to know of an interchange on buckets for this machine. Can you wise and experienced(you can see the des peration) ;-) folks, either point or push me in the right direction? Thank you. Regards, Bob
I was wondering about this also. Just bought a Kubota and found a 4 ft bucket from a Bobcat. Will they interchange.
They do not interchange.
I am in the same situation myself (need a variety of buckets/ attachments). The route I am headed is transitioning from pin on attachments to quick coupler. I used draftsight to draw up coupler parts and attachment ears. I built the coupler and wood splitter (other post) and will be buying buckets without ears and using my drawings to have the ears cut out for the buckets and I will weld them on myself. My thinking behind this decision is #1 cost, #2 I hold my own drawings for all my required attachment parts (coupler, ears etc.). The down side is the time spent on drawings and phisically building up the parts. If one doesnt mind doing this kind of work it's really no big deal. I just got tired of searching for the right attachment method for my needs and being commited to that method evry time I wanted to add a new attacchment to my toy box. My machine is for personal use so cost does play a large part of this. So far the parts aren't "substandard" comparing them to factory (third party) parts. The only unknown for me is the test of time. I will report back with that later. My.02c only.
Interesting. On our 304 we were asked to remove 3 buckets found at a job site, and low and behold all 3 fit our machine, maybe it was a GREAT coincidence but hey we will take it. My thought for the most part was that they were pretty standard, when I look at bobcat excavator around the same size they sure do look like they would fit...
I bought an old 3.5 ton kubota 5 months ago, it came with 2 small buckets that i will rearly use. I found a local bucket manufactor, where i bought a semi quick hitch and 4 new buckets, now im covered. The manufactor says that when i sell the machine, keep the buckets and he will make a new hitch which will fit the new machine and my buckets
Interesting thoughts. My TB035 has 40mm dia. pins, and roughly 5" between the inside bushing faces. Since the coupling to the second hole is semi flexible.........., is two out of three still a winner? Are there weight brackets that determine some dimensions? TCM, your approach is one that I have thought about also. At this point the sledge and aluminum pin are working. However it does not stop the sketches and detailed drawings...... Thanks again, Bob
I searched and ended up here for that same reason. I have a Kubota 121-3. Pins are 40mm, between ears: ~5.375", Center to center: ~9.25". Now it sure seems I can flex on that center to center distance because the arm coupling could essentially swing to any reasonable dimension (IE say 7-13") I don't know how this will effect digging, stability, binding, or possibly break something. I'm very temped to pick up a Cat bucket with 7.5" center to center just to find out if I can break er'
The way to go is an quick coupler, the system I use is real easy to manufacture the attachment for welding to the bucket. If you have buckets from before cut off the ears and weld on the connection. The change of bucket is also really easy, and it's done in seconds. An quick coupler for an 4tonn excavator cost about 450 usd and the connection for the bucket about 70usd if you don't want to make it your self Se the video of the system here :
Can you link the system, or point where to buy that. Or can you make that coupler for me? J
Hi Im from Norway so I'm not sure where you are located. This is the shop I use, it's in Denmark so you could use google translate on the site, this is where I get the quick couplers and connections for the buckets for the best price. Bucket connections https://tekniknord.mamutweb.com/Shop/List/PINLOCK-NAKKEBESLAG/307/1 Quick couplers https://tekniknord.mamutweb.com/Shop/List/HURTIG-SKIFT/164/1 Email to John at the shop, I think He would send to any place real nice guy [email protected] The size is about this: 1-2,2 tonns excavator S30 connection 2,2-4 tonns excavator s40 connection 4-8tonn excavator s45 connection 8-12tonn excavator s50 connection