Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini Excavator with mulching head and brush cutters

Noland · 2024-07-15 16:16

I’m looking to buy a mini excavator and put either a mulching head or a brush cutter on it. I need it for a specific job and probably sell it when done with the job. Any suggestions on machine/cutter combos that work best? Pros and cons? What machines (make and model) work best? Whats been your experience? Is the mulching head on a mini as hard on the machine as it is on a regular size excavator? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Brian

Replies1
  1. #1PeterG2024-07-15 17:41

    Well I would research mulching attachment VS brush cutter based on what you are cutting and how far you need to reach out to make your cuts. Based on the budget for the attachment, I would then look at the attachment weight and hydraulic flow needed. The bigger the attachment, and the more you need to reach, the bigger the machine needed. In general I think you need a 6-9 ton mini excavator, but a 5 ton may also do the job. I would get air conditioning/enclosed cab, and stick with major name brands like a Deere G50, G60, Kubota KX057, Takeuchi TB260, Cat 305, etc