Is there any manufacturer who makes a mirror to fit on a Bobcat? I have a long driveway and a long way to backdrag, so it gets old craning my neck to see where I am going. I thought about a bicycle mirror that attaches to the metal hand grips on the cab, or a racing type (long and sectional) mirror that I could put inside the cab. Is this a crazy idea or have you guys done the same thing? :idea
yeah i have one sitting in my tool box thats made to bolt near the top window not doing anything
mirror Want to send it to Dawsonville? :tong
I installes one on each arm as well as one in the cab. I don't know how people see without them. Also makes it a lot easier to back up a ramp, as you can now see the rear tires.
That's it! That's what I'm talking about! I am so doing that to my machine! Are those just regular truck type mirrors?
Is that a bobcat item??
They are just convex mirrors I purchased at the local discount parts place. They came with a small bracket that I attached to a couple of pieces of angle iron I assembled and welded to the arms. Just for safety they are worth installing.
:exactly
I also installed a automotive rear view mirror almost to the roof of the cab. I just took the piece from the mirror that goes on the windshield and drilled it out and bolted it to the cab. It works great for seeing right behind you. While we're at it I also added a 55w light to the back that works great while looking in the rear view mirror.
I like it! Added to my list of Things to do to the Bobcat. Thanks for the great pics and advice.
Nobull1, Off the subject a bit, but may i ask what you use the bucket with the long teeth and high back gaurd for? Never seen one like that before!
One of our businesses is selling firewood. We cut, split and then throw in a pile to dry. Once the wood is dry it has to be loaded onto our one ton truck. We used to load it by hand and found it was way too many man hours wasted. When I bought the skid steer I thought we should be able to use it to make loading easier and faster. I took a old bucket and put some one inch square stock for a frame and filled it in with expanded metal. Then I needed some fingers to be able to get under the wood and hopefully drop some chaff off as well. So I made a removable tooth bar out of 4" c-channel that can be removed so it can be used as a snow bucket in the Winter. Anyhow I can load a cord of wood in about 6 minutes by myself in any weather. It probably saves me about $10.00 a cord in labour cost. The last pic is the most recent (about 5 minutes ago)
That's some serious firewood!
Bobcat S330, Yes the mirror is a bobcat part.
I know its only a small bracket... why do I have this nagging feeling that welding onto your arms is perhaps not the best of ideas? a bit of sikaflex (brand of polyurethane stuff like they use to fit windscreens in cars, glue Lotus Elises together etc) should do the job just as well without inducing any form of heat into the arms. reversing camera is the way to go so I believe. Locally we install mirrors by removing the skylight, drilling a mount hole in the metal web that is under the skylight.
Steal a Cat one..
You are probably right about not welding on the arms. In my case I looked at where it was to be welded, and the potential for weakening the arms, then decided to do it. I used a mig with just enough power to hold the bracket. It probably will never be a problem, with the small amount of heat used, but an epoxy or similar could be better. I have a backup camera that I was going to use for that purpose, but decided not to. One reason was it didn't allow me to see my tires, which to me was the most important (backing up onto trailers)reason for mirrors. The second reason was moisture potentially shorting out the display. My machine is outside all the time and it is not uncommon to have condensation dripping from the roof.
Love the round mirrors. I have them on my horse drawn wagon, but never thought about putting the same kind on my skidsteer. I will though.
They make it much safer driving down the road also
Here is a mirror set on ebay. I have a center mirror on mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/3-SkidSteer-MIR...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
nobull1, if your ever looking for an extra hand, im right in your area, I live up near kearney lake, see your equipment all the time, great looking operation you have there. -Ben
WOW all sound like great help to vision!!! I do a lot of tree/forest wrk so id be sure to trash them unless guarded well...have enough trouble taking out the aux hyd connectors..
That looks like a pretty nice set. I'm going to see if I can buy it outright without all the bidding stuff. Thanks for the link!
I have to agree with you
Didio
installed mirror set All right, I went ahead and purchased this mirror set from Equipmentmirrors.com. I am very happy with the quality and they were easy to install. It has made operating my machine much easier and safer. Highly recomended! Thanks bill5362!