Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Missed A Good Deal

Autocar ยท 2010-07-01 18:40

I was a electrical lineman then the boss for thirty years at a local power company while at the same time in the logging sawmill business. Any way in 94/95 I purchased a Ford F ? with fiberglass bins all the way around with a 65 foot bottom of the bucket Hi Ranger top of the line bucket truck I gave $92,000 for it. They just sold it on seal bids for under two thousand the other day ,the truck had 42,000 miles on it . I also had purchased a Altec digger derrick center mount with the controls and seat right at the turn table.I don't remember what I paid for it but it also was a ford F ? fiberglass fenders /hood both trucks looked as good as the day they were delivered. It brought less then 1500 bucks . I asked the dealer that bought it and he told me the digger truck had a brake problem. What dose a fellow learn from this read the local paper and watch for these up coming sales. A number of years ago I bought a V465 Vemeer ditcher/backhoe/boring machine plus a back fill blade for $600.00 on one of these sales. The engine was froze up but I put diesel fuel in the pistons a few days and broke it lose and it ran for years then I pulled the motor out and put a in line six in her.

Replies0

No replies yet.