Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Missing Oil Fill Cap

HardRockNM ยท 2024-03-25 00:43

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I think I loosened it with my boot and it flew out when I hit a bump. We were working in a 200' long drift with several inches of water in much of it, walked it a few times, no dice. I finished mucking, parked the machine, and zip-tied a rubber glove to prevent anything from finding its way in. I have a few guys who work on these machines who might know where to get one, but it wouldn't surprise me if the HEF hive mind can find a suitable generic replacement based on the above photo. Any suggestions?

Replies5
  1. #1IceHole2024-03-25 01:57

    I forget where I got one. Friggin crackheads busted it off and the screen for maybe $25 of diesel.

  2. #2kshansen2024-03-25 07:08

    Think that neck looks like a Lenz tank cap would fit, check this site: HYDRAULIC NON VENTED CAPS NON-VENT & VENTED CAP ASSEMBLIES lenzinc.com

  3. #3HardRockNM2024-03-25 20:06

    That might actually be exactly what was originally installed! I'm waiting to hear back from a vendor, but a whole Lenz kit including screen and retention chain is only $35 so I might as well order one.

  4. #4cfherrman2024-03-27 08:50

    I got around 20 of those for free and sold them on eBay for $20 a piece. Looks exactly like those

  5. #5HardRockNM2024-04-02 18:53

    @kshansen It was indeed a Lenz 557. Thanks for your help!