I finally pulled my boom cylinder from my rebadged CAT E70. It was a Mitsubishi MS070 before CAT got ahold of it. The cylinder leak went from drips to a stream as the fluid warmed up. After the fluid warned up, the leak would stop. My local hyd. shop could not find a ram piston seal (packing), but had all the rest of the seals. CAT has discontinued that seal. I had to buy a $422 rebuild kit. My question.....does anyone have a source for Mitsibishi packings and seals? I can get the bucket cylinder seal still from CAT, which I will for $90 something dollars. CAT also discontinued the ram piston seal for the stick's cylinder. That kit is $467. I need to rebuild all of the cylinders for external and/or internal leaks, so any help will be appreciated. hugs, Brandi
Look at Hercules Hydraulics in Fl. The seals should be metric. You may have tomeasure and match up from their catalog
Yep, another option is cutting the piston and getting a common ... or custom made seal
How often do you guys re use piston seals? or wear rings? The gland gets the exposure and abuse. By the time I get to them the wiper is usually falling apart and the gland seals are failed but the piston looks good. Get them if you can, but if it's too much trouble...
Thanks guys. Delmer, I was gonna reuse the old packing and the rebuild shop said it could work, but I already had internal leakage. I'll think about the cutting and custom piston for the stick cylinder. I just got a new rod made for my backhoe's stabilizer cylinder. It cost $325, just $20 over price of a new one, that was not available for more than two weeks. Houston Hydraulics reworked the rod.............with a two day turn around! Thanks again. hugs, Brandi
I have had good luck matching even metric seals here at a hydraulic shop. If the seals are destroyed where they cant measure them, I take in the cylinder head and piston and they match them up from measurements on those.
Vetech63, So right. But the cylinder is already at my local hyd. shop that rebuilds anything hyd. hugs, Brandi
My hyd. shop managed to get the seals needed for the boom cylinder. I installed it and them took the stick and bucket cylinders to them for repacking. I had the stick cylinder all hooked up and was moving the bucket cylinder to align the pin hole when smoke started coming out of the instrument panel. You can read about that mess here............ HeavyEquipmentForums hugs, Brandi