my cat236b has some problem about fuel pumping system. I want to change the fuel pump(with filter). because it is too expensive. dealership says the assy part(232-5877) is about $550 in my country (KOREA) (I dont know why they provide only assy part..) so I asked domestic tractor company, and they have 12v fuel pumps. but I need to check the fuel pump pressure of mitsubishi 3044c? our domestic company's 12v pump has 4~7 psi, 70L/H spec. can I use this pump??
What injection pump is on it.?? Some # off the name plate on the inj. pump would help..
What is original complaint? Won't run after changing filter? Does pump run when 12volt is directly applied?
You can change just pump top.
Also, if pump runs when 12 volt direct is applied, cavities in housing may be blocked with debris. When unmounting pump from filter, check in tube for restriction (debris). Red area
sorry I dont know how to find
the problem is irregular white somke. the pump does not work. (sometimes works) and electric is okay
thanks. I also know. but it will take more than 2 weeks to my contry
thanks I will check
the housing is clean
if I key on, the pump should be start?? mine doesn't start. (12v doen't start) when I start engine, the pump starts. (12v start)
Mark hoses so they go back same places. Take housing off machine. Turn housing over. Remove inlet fitting (hose from fuel tank). Examine inlet port through to red lines area in above picture. Use small wire and push all the way through. My 248B had same problem. Pump ran. Intermittent white smoke. Passageway was blocked.
To prime fuel system, when all reassembled. Leave seat bar up. Don't sit on seat. Turn key to Start for 2 seconds, then leave in Run. Pump now runs, but engine never turned. Leave run until it stops (now priming). Now, normal start engine.
I believe that heymccall is referring to checking for a blockage in the " fuel filter housing ". I have attached a picture of the fuel filter housing, fuel filter and water separator from my 242B ... yours may be similar. The picture in heymccall's Post #5 above shows a possible blockage point in the fuel filter housing.
The one he has is similar but has electric pump on top, in lieu of the hand primer on yours.
thank you all. finally I found the problem the metal tube(from pump to plunger) was bended. so I straighten the tube, then the fuel goes into the engine well. thank you
Oh I see.. THATS the inlet pipe that bolts to the inj. pump.. I can see where that would give a problem if it was bent.. the insides would smush together.. happy u found it..