FD25? I think they call it. It's early-mid 90s, has a 4G52 engine. What's the proper hydraulic oil for it? It was fine this summer, but now that it's winter, it's super slow to lower. Even with a few hundred lbs on the tines. Thinking of draining the tank and adding ISO15 hydraulic oil. I have a pail I've been kicking around that is left over from a gravity down scissor hoist flatbed I sold a few years ago.
FD25 is diesel, FG25 is gas-powered with 4G52 engine. Does it have mechanical or powershift transmission? If mechanical transmission, any good 10W hydraulic oil will do. If powershift transmission, it takes Chevron Rando HD 32 or equivalent.
The trans takes ATF, it's not shared with the hydraulics.
I didn't think the tranny and hydraulics shared oil on the FG25, but that's the oil recommendation from the Chevron site, so they've got that one wrong. They could be confusing the earlier FG25 with a later model Mitsubishi forklift with a hydro tranny. In that case, hydraulic oil will be the same regular 10W hydraulic oil for your machine, regardless of transmission.
I guess I should say ATF is what is in the trans. Possible it's incorrect. I don't have a book for it. Chevron's site? I'm in business point and don't have info like that. Just can cross competitors oil products
We always used AW32 in normal Sothern US temps in customers forklifts. Had a few in constant freezer operations and drained and used ATF. Worked in Clark, Yale, Cat, Baker, and some pallet jacks OK. You have cold, could be your present is too stiff...
Yeah ATF is about the same as the iso15 Arctic stuff I have
I see you're from Alaska? Arctic 15 is ok, but when things are still too slow, we will use 0W30 or 0W20 synthetic motor oil in the hydraulics. We used Amsoil Synthetic ATF years ago but it's real pricey. Back them it was the only game in town. We also used to cut 22 hyd oil with 50% kerosene before there was Amsoil, but you don't want to go there.
I am recalling being told AW32 was equal consistency with 10W engine oil. That the ATF we used was DEXRON II. Been a long time since I poured any of it, so memory may be off. Suggestion.. What if you put it in full production use (Capacity loads/Fairly long runs) for say 30 minutes. Idea is to work it long enough for the pump to have heated the fluid to a normal consistency. If improved then, thinner fluid would help. If not, look for a restriction in return lines.
It's fine when warm... like this summer.
Every time I see this thread I wonder why a whore house needs a forklift. Joe H
Big girls need lovin too!
Some of the arriving "equipment" might need some "lift" assistance to reach "top shelf". Just saying...