Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi BD2F/BS3F Clutch pack specs

JimInOz ยท 2010-03-02 07:09

I can't believe my BD2F/BS3F manual doesn't show a spec for the steering clutch packs. Anybody have the measurements? I know the G model is : Metal Disc...2.8mm thick ( down to 2.3 worn) Fibres.........8.7mm ( 6.0 ) PACK..........69mm ( 66 ) The G series steering is a more modern set up,with some of the same & some different parts as the F ...so I'm unsure if pack thickness is the same for both. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Replies5
  1. #1Gregorb2010-03-03 21:18

    Steering clutches BD2F JimInOz, this is what I have in my manual, Hope this helps. Ass. Standard Service limit Clutch facings Thickness 8.7 (0.343) 6 (.024) Backlash with 0.16 ~ 0.52 0.8 outer drum (0.0063 ~ 0.0205 (0.031) Clutch plates Thickness 2.8 (0.110) 2.3 (0.091) Backlash with 0.14 ~ 0.30 0.6 inner drum (0.0055 ~ 0.0118) (0.024) As-assembled thickness of 69 66 plates (6 pcs) and facings (2.72) (2.60) (6 pcs)

  2. #2Gregorb2010-03-03 21:56

    Steering Clutches BD2F That first post did not come out quite like it looked when typing it out. Tried to attach a copy from manual, but I quess I need a couple more post before I can do that. The information is the same that you have for the G model.

  3. #3JimInOz2010-03-04 05:09

    Hi Greg, Thanks for the info.It's nice to confirm those specs before putting it all back together. If you don't mind,could you scan that page for me & send it to : [email protected] Are you running an F series machine? Is it going OK for you? They are great small crawlers. Jim

  4. #4Gregorb2010-03-04 09:24

    Yes Jim I'm running a 84 BD2F. It down right now going thru the main clutch. Greg

  5. #5JimInOz2010-03-04 16:53

    Hi Greg, Thanks for the scan. Good luck with the clutch.I have both steering units out & will refit them this week. Jim