Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi BD2G STEERING ISSUE, please help!

Icecheez ยท 2020-04-26 00:55

(so I have move this to a new thread so I could change the title to more specifically address the issue) (I hope the following is found and read by someone who knows these machines and their steering problems intimately) I found a service manual with better drawings. I am led to three possibilities, (in order of my perception of likelihood) 1.The steering bypass /pressure relief is stuck in bypass flow recirculating the oil directly back to the tank. 2. The oil solstice is incorrect and I actually need more oil, 3. The shaft of the pump (which I think sits external to the clutch housing) has sheared or broken or the pump gears catistrouphically failed and will no longer pump oil. So it is indeed a BD2G speed swamper.Does anyone that knows these machines have any thoughts? Please? Maybe a trick to pass on? A couple more details ; oil coming out of the valve supply line is milky. But only a small amount. Oil on dip stick is clear. Oil is cheapest hydrolic oil available. (not my purchase) it has apparently been leaking to some degree for a long time, requiring regular top-offs, (possibly leading to contamination?) Thank you somebody for taking the time to reply with your thoughts! My next step in my mind is to clean the grunge off of the areas I'll have to reach into and disassemble the pump and pressure relief valve. I really need to get this size working before the black berry vines and other weeds. take over the entire orchard again. Wacking at it with a ten inch blade on a weed eater is slow grueling work and killing my back! The other tractors are down too. Two brush hogs and nothing to attach them to. I took apart a pump that may have been the original. It looks like it could have been in this machine before. May have come from something else. I don't think I get how it works as far as letting fluid go to the steering valve or bypassing back to the clutch housing. Looked like it has a metal cup in one end of a spring and a cone shaped thing in the other end blocking an oil passage coming from the gear pump. Thanks again for taking the time to read this long post. Just trying to be thorough.

Replies0

No replies yet.