Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi L2E APU/Generator Engine

Shimmy1 ยท 2015-02-03 00:32

Does anyone know where someone might go to get parts for a Mitsubishi L2E diesel? My truck APU generator is a custom built unit, the two cylinder engine drives a 5000 watt generator. No tags anywhere on engine or generator. Only thing I can find is L2E and 0.635 cast into the block under the injection pump. I need a water pump for it.

Replies6
  1. #1MitchSA2015-02-03 05:46

    These guys seem to have parts for them. http://www.det-mitsubishi.com/en/mitsubishi-diesel-engines/engines/l-series-4-17-kw/l2e-4-11-kw Or these, maybe a bit closer to home? http://www.mackboring.com/industrial/products.aspx?category=38 And lastly...... http://www.mitsubishi-engine.com/REV/d/distribution/small/us/246#mapresults

  2. #2Shimmy12015-02-03 09:14

    Just goes to show, a smartphone is good, but still not a computer. I had found the det-mitsubishi site, but not the others. Thanks

  3. #3MitchSA2015-02-08 06:48

    No problem, I find the same. Phone does not bring up nearly as many results as a PC. How did you go? Did you get one?

  4. #4Shimmy12015-02-08 09:27

    It was late Friday when I got in, and now the pump seems to have dried up. Go figure. I have some things going on Mon. and Tues. so tomorrow I'm going to look things over good, maybe after sitting it'll be leaking again. Anyway, I'll probably give those guys in Fargo a call and see what's up. Thanks again.

  5. #5MitchSA2015-02-09 06:08

    Is it leaking out the weep hole? I've seen a few pumps do this and then stop, later to be told by the manufacturer that its designed that way? Lubes the seals apparently.

  6. #6Ricky092015-06-19 01:55

    I have a friend who deals in the generators and the parts of Genset. I just bought a used honda generator eu2000i from him and it is working excellently. I think from him you will definitely get the parts of your generator.