Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi mm30

Stan R ยท 2026-04-19 14:06

So I have a mm30/ cat 302.5 late 90s there a oil fill with dip stick in the center of the floor,I believe it go to the gear case for the turret, I wil add pic,don't know if I put gear oil or hydraulic oil,thanks to all

Replies5
  1. #1Stan R2026-04-20 17:08

    Anybody? You can see the redish box in the 2nd pic under the hydraulic pump

  2. #2Stan R2026-04-29 19:33

    So any oil I put in the fill tube leaks out the bottom of the gear case ,the darker red,red, the pump,is there 1 bull gear that drives the turret with seal that could be failing ? Thanks

  3. #3Graham Hamilton2026-05-11 05:01

    I've looked in my MM30SR operators manual (japanese) but there is nothing about oil specs for the swing motor. However, for the final drives it has SAE30-CD.

  4. #4Stan R2026-05-11 19:20

    Thanks,I ended up pulling the whole gear reduction unit out and replaced the drive gear seal,going to put 80-120 gear oil back in it

  5. #5Stan R2026-05-12 10:12

    So putting my machine back together 1 of my joy stick cable broke,it goes to a area where it hooks up to nothing see pic,, what's the purpose of these??any suggestions how to repair or replace, tried drilling out the feral end ,don't know what kind of steel but drill bit won't do a thing! Going to try to braze it all together!