Hello all, it's about a week now that I notice that the bucket is curling in over night. I usually leave it with the bottom part flat on the ground, but now I am finding it curled up, as in the piston is extending. I checked everywhere no oil leaks and the machine operates normally, just curious of what might cause this. Also, under the seat I found a grease nipple with a big cover on it, I followed the tube that comes out from under the machine, but I can only follow it until it disappears in the middle of the slew ring. I presumed it's for lubricating the teeth, so i give it a few squirts everyday, but I don't really know where that grease is going. Anybody knows what I am talking about?
Good day The greaser is in most case's going to the slew ring I suggest you take caution as over greasing can cause problems may I recommend you make a search for a operators handbook - bucket creep is pretty normal internal leaks through the spool is expensive to address I suggest you ignore this issue. Kind regards Uffex
If you say ignore it, I ignore it, I thought maybe it's a sign of problems to come and I can do something about it before it's too late, I am pretty sure it didn't do it before... I'm desperately trying to find a manual for this machine, but it seems almost impossible, all I can find is a parts list and that is expensive too. Is there not a general guideline to follow when it comes to slew ring greasing? thanks a lot
Good day G Bucket creep is a phenomena that effects the vast majority of hydraulic excavators the general cause is leakage by the spool you can stop it but it will be expensive, you infer it happens over night. May I say not to many excavator operators will sit in the machine overnight waiting for the truck to unload the bucket. The internal leakage is accepted by the industry as normal you can see threads on the forum that raise the question with manufacturers and meet with a negative response. I do hope this helps to address your concerns. Slew ring greasing lets be sure where that grease is going if you could post some photo's we will try to help out but as you have found out information on that particular product is not so easy to find, I can only suggest get one in Japanese and then get it translated. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you Mr Uffex, always very helpful and professional in your replies. I guess clean oil and all the work this excavator is finally doing has purged the system of all the gunk, so oil can more easily find it's way through the spools, but that's just my guess. I was worrying about seals and one-way valves, but I trust your judgement and I'll let it be as it is. I will get some pictures for you tomorrow, now it's dark over here. i will ask my Japanese friend to take a look and see if I can find something in Japan, that's a very good idea. Thanks a lot and all the best
So here are some pictures of this grease nipple, it's been raining a lot here last few days... It starts under the seat and ends on top of the turn table at the front of the machine. the swing motor is 90 degrees clockwise to it, to the right of the seat. It looks like it corresponds to the position of the teeth on the slew ring, but I cannot be sure. any advice on how often to grease would be greatly appreciated. thanks