Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mitsubishi mx45

macdaddy ยท 2011-09-06 16:57

i have an mx45 mini ex., the machine works great(a little under powered). recently it has been acting up with a CPU code flashing on the control panel and loss of boom controls. i do still have track and blade functions. a code 51 flashes through a site glass located behind my legs(as i am sitting in the chair). this problem is not always there, the other day it was working and all of a sudden it was not and continued not to work the rest of the day but started to work the following morning when i tried it. i do not have a manual nor do i know the year. i have bypassed the saftey arm solenoid which i thought was the problem(it worked after that). any help would be appreciated. Thank you Brock

Replies3
  1. #1MX452011-09-07 03:17

    G'day, I have an MX45 and I did acquire some charts but lost them when the home computer crashed. You will find on this site somewhere MM30 which you can then read that thread and you might have some luck there which is where I got mine. In all my looking that was all I found. Question - does your hour meter have a green flashing light - mine only comes on occasionally? Otherwise - touch wood - the machine has worked without major failings at this point - about 2500 hours but only 100 of that is mine - grey import from Japan to Oz. Good Luck.

  2. #2macdaddy2011-09-08 00:11

    good evening, thankyou for the reply my green light appears to work on a continuous basis-flashing on a steady rate, my machine is yellow painted(could have been green in the past). i have only had mine for a year, about 2800 hrs with a few hundred being mine. still trying to work out the kinks-not too bad it is quite a good machine-very happy if only the boom worked all of the time. i will try the mm30-good tip thank you Brock

  3. #3MX452011-09-08 00:53

    Well that solves that green light flashing thing -just a hiccup. My works fine and you will find some photos on site under green flashing light thread! I cant seem to upload them again. My machine is original green. I could tell you what my machine does and what numbers are showing with no malfunction but that is about it. I would have to have a look. I have never owned an Excavator before but I think I fell on my feet buying this one. Reach is a bit disappointing but the knuckle boom versatility more than makes up for that. Regards.