Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi MX45, Egg Timer Light Over Hour Meter Flashing? Does Anyone Have Manuals?

MX45 ยท 2010-11-06 00:15

I purchased a Mitsubishi MX45 Grey Market Excavator out of Japan and into Australia nearly one year ago now. The green egg timer shaped light above the hour meter occasionally starts flashing. The machine as far as I know keeps running fine (novice). Does anyone know what the flashing light is for? Does anyone have manuals. I have been trying many places for quite some time with no success. Just like to be able to service it correctly and repair when needed without ignorance breaking things!!! Thanks - MX45.

Replies6
  1. #1Wardiker2010-11-08 12:28

    I see that youve posted this twice with no responses, so Ill offer a bit of advice. 1 st of all if you can take a picture of the light and post it , that might help. I have a Hitachi Ex60 that has some lights that come on intermittently, one of which was the oil light, very alarming when I see it. So what I do, and should be done anyways, is check the oil level and water level everyday. That gives me piece of mind.

  2. #2ianoz2010-11-15 04:52

    Hi MX45, Sorry ,don't know anything about them ,It is possible that a cat excavator will be the same as i think the small cat excavators are rebadged mitsubishi . Maybe have a look on construction hub at 4.5 ton cats and see if it looks the same . It could be a service due reminder . Ian .

  3. #3MX452010-11-17 03:53

    Thanks to both contributors - I have looked specifically at hour meters and it seems when lights flash regularly they are service reminders - so I think it can be left at that for now. I will log the interval for flashing lihgts on the hour meter and it may well be a grease reminder for the boom etc or for greasing the track tensioners? Love to still find a manual for the machine - anyone out there??? Tried Cat and followed a previous thread in relation to Cats and Mitsubishis but information did not pan out - MX45 supposed to be same as Cat 304.5 - Cat and others say no?

  4. #4strott2010-11-17 14:34

    I would of thought the reminder would be for the 250 hour service(s) not unless it goes every 10-25 hours which as you say could be for greasing. Let us know what you find out??

  5. #5MX452010-11-17 21:33

    At this stage I would say the green light has flashed approximately every ten hours of use - could be 15 - it will take me awhile to get to the next ten hours or fifteen. One suggestion was it was meant to be flashing all the time and maybe the hour meter is stopping when it is not flashing - power supply interruption??? Got to replace a dud horn this afternoon so will check out if the hour meter works with no flashing light? Thanks ever so much for the responses - still hanging out for anyone with a manual??? Regards.

  6. #6MX452010-11-18 01:35

    OK - horn fixed. Hour meter runs on tenths and turned with no light flashing. Since it has just passed 2450hrs and I have seen this light twice - last time just recently in use I would say it flashes every ten hours now having made that observation (or perhaps 15 or 20) - will have to wait to see when it flashes next time. I have seen it twice but may have missed it concentrating on the machine operation as a novice.