Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi MX45 – Flashing Egg Timer Light? Manuals?

MX45 ยท 2010-11-08 02:55

I have already listed this in Compact Excavators but thought I would canvas Excavators as well. I purchased a Mitsubishi MX45 ex Japan - Grey Market Import - about one year ago. It has an egg timer shaped light over the hour meter which flashes some times and not others - mostly not. It does not seem to effect the functions - but I am a true novice! Concerned to deal with something if it is a problem. Does anyone know what this type of flashing light is for???? Does anyone have access to manuals for this model. I have tried Cat Australia, etc and some contacts in the USA with no joy. Hoping to have better luck here. Regards, MX 45.

Replies6
  1. #1MX452010-11-17 03:56

    Couple of responses on Compact Excavators to my questions - seems hour meter light flashing will probably be service reminder and not emergency warning light - so I will log when it occurs to see what it might mean. Anyone got any manuals for MX45's - any help appreciated.

  2. #2sultan2010-11-17 13:20

    Usually the light on the hour meter flashing just indicates that the hour meter is running properly and has power. When the light stops flashing, it indicates that there is no power going to the hour meter, and it is not running. If the hour meter light flashes sometimes and not other times when the machine is running, that suggests there may be loose wiring to the hour meter or some other such problem. Problems with the hour meter should not affect the function of the machine.

  3. #3MX452010-11-17 21:36

    Thanks Sultan - I have to replace a dud horn this afternoon so I will check the hour meter to see if it runs without the light flashing??? It seems to flash every ten to fifteen hours?? Did not take particular note at this time. Regards. Still hanging out for a manual.

  4. #4sultan2010-11-17 22:34

    What? The light on an hour meter should flash once every 10-15 seconds (sometimes more or less depending on the make of the machine).

  5. #5MX452010-11-18 01:40

    OK - horn fixed and hour meter runs to tenths and turns over without the flashing light - hour meter just passed 2450hrs so I think it has flashed every ten hours. I have attached a photo of the machine for anyone's interest. Regards, MX45

  6. #6MX452010-11-18 01:44

    Alternate photo in Compact Excavators.