Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitsubishi MXR35: rotary coupling MASSIVE leak

Sbordone · 2024-12-15 01:15

Hello, I was using my Mitsubishi MXR35 the other day and all of a sudden noticed a huge streaming puddle under me. I crawled under and found it was streaming out of my rotary coupling/union (the swivel). Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Is there a service manual that covers the repacking of this?…. And most challenging… where do I even best order the parts from? Machine is older (I don’t know the year) and has about 5,200 hours on it.

Replies3
  1. #1Sbordone2024-12-18 19:08

    Anyone that can either help or point me into the right direction?

  2. #2shopguy2024-12-18 20:41

    Welcome to the forum. maybe someone will be along with the information on your make and model but as far as the swivel joint any good hydraulic shop should be able to reseal it

  3. #3Sbordone2026-07-14 20:51

    Just to close this out I did bring it to a shop and they measured and ordered up the seals. It was about $350 repair bill for just the parts and labor on the swivel. I had the joy of installing and removing. It was a 4 function swivel/rotary coupling (left track (2), right track (2) case drain (1) and blade (2))