I have a '89 Mitsubishi MXR35. When I was looking to buy it I looked up Mitsubishi excavators and read that Cat and Mitsubishi were partnered, so I bought it knowing it had a bad idler. After getting it home I went thru it to find what else needed to be repaired. I made a list of parts and called Cat. Guess what, partnership is on 12,000# and up, mine is 8000#. No dealers anyplace? Haven't found any. So I called on a machinist friend who turned the idler hub to true it up and he didn't have enough meat left to make it accept bigger bearings, too much had been chewed away before I bought it. His answer was to make a nylon bushing, make it greasable and see what happens. So far it has performed perfectly. He made a new axle and bushed the hub to fit. A massive nylon bushing. He also rebuilt one bad roller. My service items are now mongrel, Kubota fuel filter and oil filter, Hydraulic filter is being determined. My newest problem is an intermittent electric fuel pump. Does anyone know what pressure I should get in a replacement pump. Or better yet, is there a dealer anywhere for Mitsubishi excavators, specifically a MXR35? Any help appreciated. Dave
Dave, I Have an MM35B which is a 1995, I bought bottom rollers from cat, if you tell them it's a mitsubishi, they will not help you. The MM35B is the same as a 303.5 and many of the parts fit both machines, the only diff. is the 35 has a mistu S4L engine and the 303.5 has a cat. Bottoms, hydraulics, swing gear, cylinders are the same, built in the same factory in japan. Your machine is a little older but I bought a parts catalog for a 303.5 and thats what I use when I go to cat. The mitsu is a good machine and I have 5500 hrs on mine with no problems other than wear and tear. Woodboat. BTW on the pump, anything will work, its just a transfer pump to the main injector pump, get the cheapest electric pump from napa.
Does the pump have to say diesel? There seems to be cheaper ones that are for gas but napa/s cheapest diesel is $130 and I get a good discount (list is $245). Or did my buddy who works there miss a cheaper pump good for diesel?
Hello Maple Flats. i am in canada and have the same problem with my mxr35. I wonder where to get parts. Can you help me? did you find a dealer or a cat model which can be used to order parts? Thank you to let me know at [email protected]
Ever find the solution electric fuel pump?
Another one here with a similar problem if not the exact same problem. Did anyone ever find a decent replacement pump? Plain ole' pump is OK? Or must it be a diesel specific pump?
Well my pump is dead as a door nail. Guess I will try the NAPA generic pump unless someone knows of a better alternative. Here is the pump. Of course the actual pump # is no longer on the label.
My husband is having problems with his. Can you help him? Or call us 334 - 382 - 5795
Help Pease Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place I have the mxr35 there are four warning lights and a buzzer near the ignition switch the the farthest light from the switch comes on after 10 minutes and the buzzer alarm sounds can anyone tell me what this is warning n thank you and can you check and read it back to me