Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mixxing hydraulic oils???

dirtfarmer ยท 2013-03-21 07:40

Think it would hurt anything to mix John Deere hy-gard ( hydraulic oil) with Cats Hydo 10 (hydraulic oil)??? I farm with John Deeres and keep a drum of that oil arround....I only have 1 Cat loader and don't want the hassel of keeping separate oil just for it. I already changed the engine oil and now my CAT runs on JOHN DEERE engine oil ... good bad or whatever lol.

Replies4
  1. #1BlazinSS9342013-03-21 07:46

    As long as it is the required weight and API rating you should be fine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2OldandWorn2013-03-21 09:30

    The Deere Hy-gard has additives for internal clutches and brakes (like universal tractor fluid). If Hydo 10 is like straight hydraulic oil it may not be a good idea to mix them.

  3. #3maddog2013-03-21 10:29

    make sure they are the same as blazinss934 wrote "name'' isn't all that important, quility is.

  4. #4blitz1382013-03-21 23:07

    OldandWorn is right. The CAT doesnt have the friction modifier that you need for wet clutches/brakes. You need a J20 rated hydo oil.