a friend of mine is rebuilding the engine in his chipper. I don't have any numbers except the motor is a cat 3054 with dry sleeves. We trying to figure out how the sleeves are removed or what tools are needed.
I assume it is a Perkins engine. Dry liners are thin; only about 1/8 inch thick. They are pressed in and we used to shrink them in order to remove them. Is the engine in or out of the chipper and is it stripped down to the bare block?
I'm on my way there. But I believe it is out and in the process of being stupid down to a bare block
One way to get dry liners out is to weld two beads the length of the liner about an inch apart, and as fast as you can. The heat expands the liner and the soft metal under the weld deforms to take the stress. Once they're cool, they'll tap out much easier. Use wet cardboard at the crank end to keep spatter out of the guts of the engine. Maybe lay the block down flat so the cylinders drain out the top too.