Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Model FMC Skidder

Puffie40 ยท 2014-05-12 18:38

So...Yeah. Just posting these here... It's a heavily butchered Academy M113 kit with Verlinden pewter tracks with everything else made from styrene and a little sculpty. Im thinking of building a diorama with it to hide the finish problems I made - I even have a figurine set up! The build log is here

Replies5
  1. #1donkey doctor2014-05-12 19:50

    Very cool!! looks great. d.d.

  2. #2MutsMachines2014-05-14 18:23

    really good model! you will haft to build the grapple skidder fmc for your next one.

  3. #3cubanator2014-05-15 00:27

    What scale is that thing? 1/24 ish im guessing? Looks fantastic, nice work!

  4. #4Puffie402014-05-15 02:17

    The scale is 1/35. I'm rather proud of how it turned out. Now to figure out how to weather it... I'd definitely consider a grapple type in the future - maybe a KMC Variant? Front end would be easier to build... (Styrene doesn't like bending very much) one other type I'd like to try is a R/C model of one. Need access to a lathe and milling machine though.

  5. #5cubanator2014-05-16 18:11