Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Modified brush cutter help

673moto · 2020-05-02 00:18

So I picked up this old brush cutter on Craigslist and am planning on welding on a plate to attach to my bobcat. .. any tips? What height should I aim to set it at? Tilt angle of the quick attach plate? I’ve seen versions where the top of the attach plate is hinged and the front of the cutter has wheels... worth doing that for field mowing? Think I have the plumbing figured out, will be setting up a relief valve in a “T” and 3/4” lines to aux. Any info on what this mower is from?

Replies1
  1. #1Steve Frazier2020-05-02 00:28

    Looks like it's already set up to be hinged, I think it's a good idea to design it to float in some respect otherwise you'll constantly have to keep adjusting the height to avoid gouging. Keep in mind that air filled tires will be susceptible to flats in this kind of work, foam filled is probably the way to go.