The machine start good run good and stop good, except that the monitor remains on. It doesn't have a fuel shut off solenoid, the governer motor stop the engine. Could it be the key that is defected?
Our 300-6 did that and it was the alternator.
Deeretracks is spot on, there is a signal wire connected to the alternator. I had the same problem a while back on ours, and we had the alternator rebuilt and cured it.
Is it the sifnal of charging light
Ours had a failed diode pack in the alternator that was back feeding current to keep the machine running with the key off.
Do you hear the battery relay click on and off when u turn the key on and off? If so then alternator. If not it will be in the battery relay circuit.
It clicks on but not off it remains always on, so i have to remove the (+) wire that makes it click. Anyway, I have done the alternator and now it works good. It cliks on and when key on and click off when key off after almost 10sec. But now I have a E316 error wich is a step out in gov. motor. No other error, fuel dial is good and feedback potentiometer is good and no disconnection or short error. I removed the 4 wires connector and rotate the gov motor, it rotates really smooth. In fact, when the engine is at high idle, suddenly I have the rpm decrease to 1000 rpm and right after it increase suddenly to high idle. I checked the fuel pump lever and it doesn't hit the max stopper at high idle. By the way this error was here long time before the alternator problem. Is it the governer motor or a controller problem?
Disassemble the governer motor and clean then put grease assemble again
Check the batteries-I had a recent battle with a pc200-7, the monitor would stay on but very dim. Only way I could get it to go off was to pull the fuse or disconnect the battery-after the weekend it wouldn't start-thought it was an internal thing with the monitor. Turns out the batteries had a surface discharge, operator had been running it like that for so long and just jumping the thing one day it wouldn't shut off and found that the battery relay contacts were slightly sticking due to the low voltage high amperage.