Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More M Pics

Cam7775 ยท 2006-11-14 22:56

Keep the pics coming:bouncegri

Replies14
  1. #19420pullpan2006-11-26 19:53

    i was on the DHS site and i found this awesome pic of a 14M with trimbles GPS posted buy Constructionsite (author)

  2. #2Cam77752006-11-26 20:11

    Nice shot I have seen that one too I just got the 14M stats book from cat and there are some good pics in it

  3. #3Tigerotor77W2006-11-26 22:15

    The literature is already out? Mmm.... this calls for a trip to the dealer.

  4. #4Blademan2006-11-28 23:01

    Great find . Is it me , or does that front left ( from the operators seat ) tire look different then the others ? It looks smaller to me .

  5. #5Countryboy2006-11-28 23:35

    I think the different tread pattern makes it appear that way. Looking at the side walls they appear to be the same size.

  6. #6Cam77752006-11-30 17:46

    the right front tire is new

  7. #7Cam77752006-11-30 21:25

    sorry I m the left front

  8. #8Grader4me2006-12-01 04:24

    Looks to me like the right tire is down in a hollow and this makes the left look smaller as it is on the upper plane. Optical illusion maybe? He is carrying a blade full, almost looks like it is spilling back off the center of the moldboard.

  9. #9Dwan Hall2006-12-01 06:21

    OK guys why do they run the front tires backwards? I have notied this more and more in the last 5 to 10 years. They are not self cleaning that way.

  10. #10JimBruce422006-12-01 12:29

    The grader is 4-wheel drive (the back tandems). So the front tires are flipped backwards to aide in braking (and traction maybe?), I don't quite know how to explain why, but this is what I was always told. If the grader was 6-wheel drive then the tires should all be facing the right way. Hope that clears things up.

  11. #11Grader4me2006-12-01 13:04

    There are no brakes on the front wheels. Having the wheels flipped is supposed to aid with the steering, giving you a better grip when turning/lean wheel etc. and supposedly not so much crap will come back into the windshield when driving along. Yes, on a six wheel drive they should be facing the same way. I personally tried them both ways but couldn't see much of a difference.

  12. #12JimBruce422006-12-01 15:46

    Ah, thanks, I knew it was either a better grip or braking, for some reason I thought it was the later... :Banghead

  13. #13Deas Plant2006-12-02 03:31

    Tyre direction Hi, Folks. On many earthmoving and agricultural traction tyres you will find that rotation direction is indicated by arrows with the words 'Driving' and 'Rolling'. Those front tyres are fitted in the rolling direction. And they ARE self-cleaning in that direction if they are designed to be self-cleaning and they aren't over-inflated. The self-cleaning action comes from the change in the pattern of the tread as it moves from being a relatively flat profile while on the ground to being more rounded as the weight comes off of the tread when it moves away from the bottom. This causes the tread lugs to open out slightly as the weight comes off allowing the mud/dirt to fall out - - - - IF it's not too sticky. Hope this helps.

  14. #14myeffy2011-05-30 09:13

    hahahaha no such thing but yes it helps now it all depends on the ground your working in some ground just aint gunna move whatever you try to do specially when its WET then you realy gotta use your nut box eh