I have 4 lights across the dash. 3 red starting left to right as you look at the dash. 1 yellow at the right which I know is the alternator. It also has a temp gauge. Can anyone tell me what each of the red lights are for? Also what kind of oil is used in the transmission on this unit? Its a DPS tranny. Thanks for any help. Doug
The middle red one is for your engine oil pressure. If this comes on your oil pressure is low The far one to the left is for the transmission oil warning... If it comes on check oil filter and or oil level. Darin
Doug, I've had Mitsubishi BD2 dozers and have found Kev Ward of CQ Dozer services to be most helpful on repairs, advice and parts.Email: [email protected] I am sure you will find him helpfull as well.
Thanks for the replies. I must be getting old. There are only 2 red and one yellow. Duh. So my question is answered. I also found out it takes regular motor oil in the tranny so all is good. Again thanks. Doug
Hi Doug, Sorry with the late reply...I was away. Here's the electrics for the F series. I think the Engine Oil spec for the DPS Trans can be confusing.That rating is 30 years old & new products are available. I just ended up with a local product ,called TorqFluid. Jim
Thanks Jim. Doug
Hi Doug, I hope the old girl gives you good service. I like the F series,as they are the last of the Mitsubishi crawlers that had no electronics ,apart from normal wiring. The G series fuel gauges & hour meters are often unservicable ...& expensive to replace! Jim
I have had a few little things go wrong but its the wait for parts that is more the problem. I like the fuel gauge. Open the cap and look in. I have been working it pretty hard and for long days. It uses little fuel, so little I forgot to put some in and ran out. Uh oh I thought but a few pumps of the hand pump and it started. Quit but a few more and it started and ran. Didn't have to bleed the lines. Clearing some land here in Florida. Large trees which I am leaving. Just talking the brush and small trees. It is covered with palmettos. They are really hard to remove. They stall out the crawler if I am not careful. Can't burn them as they don't burn well so I dig a large hole and bury them. I have 6 acres and am perhaps 1/2 done. I am leaving for Michigan in a few days so it will have to wait until next winter to finish. I really enjoy the work however. The chainsaw part is getting me back in shape. Well a little anyway. I am 73 and doubt I will ever see good shape days again but I feel good. Can do 8 or 10 hour days now. When I started I couldn't so that is an improvement. Doug
Doug, It's good to see you are getting some satisfaction from doing your own work. The Mitsubishi crawlers are well made & should serve you well. Adding a ripper or scarifier makes a big difference to the versatility of these small machines. I'm currently making up a single tine ripper for my F model....to help get into stump roots on small trees. The early models that were sold here had the option of a small, multi-tine ripper & 4 in 1 bucket . Jim
I have an XL BD2F that I think the main clutch is going out on, does anyone have copies of a service and or operators manual for it? It's been a pretty good little dozer and I would like to get it back to working condition if possible. Thanks, Danny