Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More old Trucks

wrenchbender ยท 2007-04-11 18:10

Here are a couple of my old trucks the first is a 1947 Intrnational KB11. I no longer have this one but it still ran when I sold it in 1982. The second one is a 1957 White Mustang inline 6 cyl. gas burner 8speed Road Ranger trans this one I still have. It's now a wrecker home made of coarse.

Replies44
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-04-11 20:18

    Cool! What's that white colored "cab-over" looking thing in the background of the second pic?

  2. #2wrenchbender2007-04-11 20:39

    That is an old 60's White as well I think it had a 220 Cummins in it. My Dad bought it at a city auction it was a trash truck. He turned it into a pulp wood truck built a swing boom and racks and sold it while still building it. The other one you can see the back of is an AutoCar with a sleeper about a 60 or so model.

  3. #3Jeff D.2007-04-11 20:49

    OK. I saw an old Dodge cab-over in South Dakota, I think it also said White on it too. White must have built the body for them maybe?:beatsme It was a very box like looking cab, much like that one in the background.

  4. #4Countryboy2007-04-11 20:57

    Maybe its cause they are painted White. :cool2 Cool rides Wrenchbender. You would fit right in down in my neck of the woods. :drinkup

  5. #5Jeff D.2007-04-11 21:09

    ( in my head )"I .............must.............not..................reply...........with...................off topic....................joke." Yes sir, he'd fit in my neighborhood too. I'd chase off an existing neighbor, if I had too, to make room. Hardly any rust on them oldies, either. We don't see that often around here.

  6. #6wrenchbender2007-04-11 21:12

    My Dad always called them cracker box Whites. Can't offer any thing on the Dodges running White cabs :beatsme Maybe its cause they are painted White. Cool rides Wrenchbender. You would fit right in down in my neck of the woods. Thanks Countryboy,every time I've been down around your part of the world (jawja) most folks thought I was a local. Recon why that is? And BTW the 57 wasn't painted White it came from the factory Red.lol

  7. #7wrenchbender2007-04-13 21:54

    Update Here is an update on the 57 White this pic was taken in early 1982. Dad had built a wrecker out of the White and I had built one out of the F-250 we now call Lil Red. These two plus the DiamondT was my intire fleet of wreckers. There is a 50,000 lbs winch on the rear of the White and a 20,000 lbs winch on Lil Red. Government surplus winches that is. See I have proof it did snow here at least once.

  8. #8jmac2007-04-13 22:00

    Looks like you had a very neat childhood. The best part is you kept alot of it around!

  9. #9Countryboy2007-04-13 22:04

    50,000 lb winch.........military surplus.......you need to get me one of them. PTO driven correct?

  10. #10wrenchbender2007-04-13 22:22

    jmac, I've tried to keep as much as possible and hope my kids will too the little one between the trucks is my daughter. She now has a son a little over 4 & 1/2 yrs old but that pic was taken yesterday or so it seems. Countryboy, you are 100% correct they are PTO driven they are a little harder to come by than they used to be. But we still get PTO and Hydraulic winches just not as often as it once was.

  11. #11wrenchbender2007-04-21 08:32

    The welding rig This is our first portable welding rig this picture was taken in 1961. That is dad's 49 3/4 ton Ford with an Olds 88 engine, Columbia 2 speed rear end, 9.00X16" tires. He built the front and rear bumpers the rack on the bed BTW those letters on the rack are 3/8" round bar stock he formed. If you look on the hood you'll see his (trade mark Mustang) on top working Air horns.This was our service truck as well as our first tow truck.

  12. #12Lashlander2007-04-21 12:09

    Boy ain't that the truth! The older I get the faster time flies. I like to take out the old albums and look back once in a while also. Good post.:thumbsup

  13. #13Countryboy2007-04-22 23:09

    Its the little personalised touches like that, that show somebody who takes pride in there work. Do you still have this one?

  14. #14wrenchbender2007-04-23 18:55

    No but I wish I did. Dad did away with this one in about 1963 or so for a 1 1/2 ton 46 Ford that I can't find any pics of. Then he went all out in 1966 and bought a new F-350 dressed it the same as all the previous trucks. Built a wrecker out of it as well. Here is a pic of the 1966 F350 taken about 1971 and this one I do still have.

  15. #15JDOFMEMI2007-04-23 20:47

    Wrench That '66 sure brings back some fond memories. I learned to drive in a '64 with a home made wrecker bed that came out of the oil field. I wish I had a picture of it to share. After that, we stepped up to a '72 F-350. It had the luxury of power steering and power brakes. What a treat after the '64.

  16. #16wrenchbender2007-04-23 22:54

    Jerry, that old 66 had power brakes and Dad kept those 7.50x16's pumped up so tight it felt like power steering. He kinda fashioned the bed after pipeline rigs of the time.Things like extenable booms that you could raise and lower while loaded. An old GI surplus 20,000 lbs Garwood winch snatch hooks all around beefy bump and go bumper. And of coarse that old Mustang on the hood. In 1967 we took it to Lancaster Pa. to pick up a 48' boat for the local marina Portman Shoals at Hartwell lake. Now that was a road trip to remember.

  17. #17RollOver Pete2007-04-24 02:53

    Here are some shots I took Just outside of Indio a few years back. :cool2

  18. #18RollOver Pete2007-04-24 02:58

    :drinkup

  19. #19RollOver Pete2007-04-24 03:04

    :drinkup

  20. #20RollOver Pete2007-04-24 03:09

    :drinkup

  21. #21RonG2007-04-24 05:57

    Nice pics as usual.Glad you got that BigHorn in there.I saw a peek of it in your third pic and somehow I knew we would see more of it.Thanks.Ron G

  22. #22wrenchbender2007-04-24 07:22

    Great shots, real nice trucks I could look at these old work horses for hours just thinking about what they have pulled in thier day.

  23. #23nedly052007-04-24 08:49

    were they headed to a show together or did you see all of those trucks at seperate times? Great pics!

  24. #24RollOver Pete2007-04-24 10:55

    They were on their way back from a show in California. All were going East into Az. It was around Veterans Day. :cool2

  25. #25wrenchbender2007-04-25 17:54

    Well guys I know this ain't no truck but it was my Dads favorite ride. It's a 1965 Harley Davidson Pan Head. He really put some serious miles on this one. He rode every chance he got I remember once that my sister and brother inlaw were at Myrtle beach and I wanted to go. Keep in mind MB is about 5 hours away from us he told me to get my stuff and crawl on. I was about 14 ( no license) he carried me down sat around for about an hour and he rode home. Followed that old Harley all over SC,NC,Tenn,Kentucky,Ga,Fla, Alabama,Va. That is when I got my own ride 1973 GT 380 Suzuki.

  26. #26wrenchbender2007-04-30 16:54

    Here it is

  27. #27Countryboy2007-04-30 19:46

    Um....that one is white too........I still think its cause they are white.

  28. #28RollOver Pete2007-04-30 21:54

    It was a GMC. Detroit Powered with a 6V53....i think :beatsme

  29. #29wrenchbender2007-04-30 21:54

    Now Countryboy, I know some folks and thier last name is Greene ..........what color do you think the are? BTW they ain't from MARS either

  30. #30Countryboy2007-04-30 22:27

    :laugh Alright, alright, point taken......but you still can't debate that the truck is white.

  31. #31King of Obsolete2007-05-01 08:27

    excellent pictures, thansk for sharing and good thing you had the camera. the cab over is what they call a "crackerjack box cab" they are becoming popular to restore, very neat old cabs. http://kingofobsolete.ca/V12_GMC_KoO_WEBSITE.htm here is a link to my thoughts on cabovers, only took one accident for me. thansk

  32. #32wrenchbender2007-05-01 18:37

    Those old Cracker box cabs may be popular to restore but they is still UGLY

  33. #33King of Obsolete2007-05-01 21:42

    here is a thread. http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16982 thansk

  34. #34wrenchbender2007-05-02 21:15

    Thanks for the link :drinkup

  35. #35Tn Bulldog2007-05-07 17:12

    hey wrench bender & rollover pete cool pics yall esp of the ole cracker box jimmy & Bulldogs i was raised on the whites auocars , GMC's & Mack's :drinkup :usa yup those ole crackerboxes were ugly but they made my family some money over the years love a ole 238(671) & 6V53 if its leaking its alright but if its quit leaking & no oil drip under it run far away Screamin jimmy motor just never was crazy bout a 1st on the scence cab later yall bulldog

  36. #36RollOver Pete2007-05-07 19:55

    Thanks... Somewhere I've got some pics of the 7 Mack's my ex-father-in-law and I had. Yep, 7 of them. 3 DMM's, a COE and 3 Superliners. :Banghead They were new in 1986. LOL...long story....I see these good looking Dogs and I think to myself, "self, if ya want a full time job, maybe ya better marry the owners daughter." rofessor Bright move ex-lax rofessor The ex dad-in-law looses the hole thing after 3 years. I held on (for dear life) to his daughter for 15 years and the end result was my one and only daughter. Yeah, she runs a Cat! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024025590 I'll dig up them pics and scan them. :cool2

  37. #37Tn Bulldog2007-05-08 22:57

    ya thanks to my granddads girlfriend of 17yrs running his excavating bussiness in the ground after his stroke in 1999 he was holding on by a therd theway she was talking to us (the employeyes) running us (the originalcrew of 8) allof f eventually & he not having a will after I begged him countless times to get 1 MY FAMILY'S COMPANY OF 45 YRS IN GONE DOWN THE DRAIN AFTER HIS DEATH IN APIRLOF 05' The day he died she was trying to sell EVERYTHING i had several of our clients of 30+ yrs calling me telling me this! i wanted to hurt her right there & then but thanks to my TRUE FRIENDS they didnt let that happen The day it went it to probate court (aproxx 1 week after his death) i had 75 to 100 loads of dirt sold to a client but due to the probate court i couldnt even turn a key on the trucks or equipment w/obeing in contempt of court . & his girl friend chomping @ the bit to get the money tried to get me in trouble i had her kicked out of the house by 3 weeks . the money hungry harlot I saved my dear departed dads ole B Model mack which has been in my family since 1969 by having it in MY NAME SINCE I WAS 18 YRS OLD It is the 1st truck i learned how to drive & it my well have to get me started in business again as i amworking for what wasour foreman & right hand man of 35+ years (hes like family to me ) running equipment for him but he knowswith in a year or two im going backout on my own w/ a truck & dump trailer & he & others have offered me work w/ a truck allready . so im coming back but slowly its good to know ive still got good friends & old clients willing tohelp me see me backout there on my own . & imwilling toget threre no matter what it takes The ole DMM Was a monster of a truck the way the hoods was made but would walk through hell & back loaded never owned 1 but a buddy of mine who worked w/us quite a bit did & it looked like a bulldog on steriods i or my family (being my dad or granddad) owned several R Models DM Models & B Models a couple of MH's & F's & A WS Model & A MR (Ex post office tractor w/ 5spd) over the years (this is just mack i could go on w/ white, Autocar , & GMC TOO ) wish i had more pics of all of them but have pics of just a few unfortunly . well ive rambled on enough yall sorry bout that but had to get it out later Bulldog

  38. #38nicholscrane12009-06-01 10:24

    nice

  39. #39gavin moore2009-06-01 20:48

    cool trucks

  40. #40mopardad12013-06-13 13:01

    White Motor Company produced trucks from 1900-1980 and partnered and owned other commercial trucks lines. Has nothing to do with the white paint job.

  41. #41mitch5042013-06-14 01:12

    umm, those guys were just messing around about the white paint, I'm guessing wrenchbender's friends named greene really aren't green either

  42. #42glenlunberg2013-06-17 23:20

    Pretty cool old trucks :drinkup

  43. #43indian3472013-06-18 12:26

    Back in the day Mack was the only truck from bumper to mud flaps. I can't believe its been sold out side the country.The only thing hasn't been sold is Pete & K W .I can't remember the parent company !

  44. #44kent_323is2013-10-14 08:38

    Pure sweetness with the teal & white semi with the orange tanker on the flatbed behind it. Thanks for posting.