Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

More Petersburg Blasting and Crushing

Former Wrench ยท 2015-05-14 13:04
Replies8
  1. #1Former Wrench2015-05-14 13:09
  2. #2Former Wrench2015-05-14 13:12
  3. #3Former Wrench2015-05-14 13:15
  4. #4Former Wrench2015-05-14 13:17
  5. #5old-iron-habit2015-05-14 14:47

    Great pictures Former Wrench. I have flown into Peterburgs for fishing. A great place to travel to. We rented a 46 foot live-aboard and went out for a week in search of grandpa halibut. 196.5 lbs was the biggest we landed but great fun anyway. What is all the blasting for? A road in maybe? I loved flying into the valley and making the loop between the mountains to land. Never flew there in bad weather. I'm sure that is a whole different story.

  6. #6Former Wrench2015-05-14 15:08

    A few years ago FAA spread a bunch of money to increase airport runway length for added safety. This rock is now a runway. I have lived here since the mid 70's and have flown a lot of places in a lot of weather. Your right, it can be pucker time any time the weather turns on you.

  7. #7ol'stonebreaker2015-05-15 08:39

    I worked w/ a lot of L-J and JCI eqpt. Are they pulling ballast off the center or bottom decks? Mike

  8. #8SpaceDog672018-11-07 07:30

    look dusty to me