I'm trying to remove a Lucas Cav fuel pump from my tractor to reseal the top, all lines are disconnected and the three bolts are removed. The pump is loose and will come out about 1/2 inch but then seems to hit something inside and will not come out. Someone please tell me what's wrong before I get my cutting torch out.
Make and model of the tractor is ????
No way to know without knowing what engine it is, but my guess is you have to remove the timing cover and pull the gear off the end of the injection pump shaft in order to remove the pump.
Lantraxaco is right about pulling front cover off and removing gear. Also make sure you get the springs under the cover back in correct hole.
Its a Ford 250C
Please tell me more about springs under cover and thank you for the info.
Did you time the motor before you started pulling pump?
No I didn't time the motor before I started. Since I didn't get it out I will time the motor before pulling the timing cover and pulling the gear. Am I in big trouble if it got out of time while twisting and pulling on it? If so how would I fix that problem. I should have found this site before starting. Thanks everyone for all the help.