Hey All: I just started working for this company Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. in Edmonton Alberta. They seem like a good outfit, with great safety, and they have good projects... it seems too good to be true. Just wondering what you guy have heard about them?
Watch your ass. Its like high school there or used to be anyway I would have to be pretty close to losing my house to go back there they seem really great till about 5 months in then they seem to think your old news and kiss ass to all the new hires to keep them on
LOL, I have heard good things about Morgan. I applied for work there, they need a ton of operators. Hmmm 5 months eh? sounds about right. I should be back at the way before that runs out.
Im sure they would love you alex you can actualy start your machine without having the this is how you start your cat course for some of the hands they hire.
Alex, I would rather eat hotdog water stew all winter than grace their door. Any more questions, hit me up on chat.
Yeah but there are a long list of people who would say the same thing about Sureway
True enough, just trying to keep people informed on scabby outfits.
Yeah, I have heard it from another member of this forum as well. At least the king of shady outfits has gone down. Oddly enough all of their iron is sitting in a Sureway pit. DRRPM.... you know anything about Sonex?
I agree
They just sold alot of Sonex's equipment at the last RB auction I think they are in bankruptcy protection.
Who or what is Sonex? Is that a division of Horizon? On another note in spring and early summer some people were predicting a bloodbath of construction companies over the winter due to people under bidding so bad to get work and it finally catching up to them once the snow flies. How would gauge the enthusiasm, optimism and financial strength of the average dirt moving outfit today?
Sonex is a mainly a pipeline company, but they have some 621/27's. The outfit I work for is in the market for 6-8 777's, just bought 10 Terex ta-40's(didn't learn their lesson from 5 years ago when we switched to Volvo) and are buying quite a few low hour 31's out of the states. We also got the low low bid on 47km of highway spec road; loose your shirt low bid. A lot left on the table
I worked for several companies that left HALF the bid laying on the table... Guess where they're at now... Gone
I don't know percentages but I've heard that in the first 6 months of '09 Knelson group (out of High Level, Grande Prairie, and Red Deer left a combined 60 mil on the table.
I think sonex had to sell some stuff for cash flow. I don't think they are hurting to bad. Brian sold out to a outfit from out east somewhere. They are into pipelineing. Brian was more into road building. I have yet to hear a bad word of Brian or Sonex. Brian is still running this his end of things
Well boys, I am still working at Morgan and they are awesome. Short of people, great equipment, tons of work (who doesn't), but these guys are great. 27 projects going on throughout Alberta and BC. The next North American or Sureway.... you guys watch!