Merry Christmas everybody! I've got an old Akerman H10b with an original style bucket and tooth system. I need new teeth. As far as I have been able to determine, nobody makes these original style teeth anymore. So, my plan is to just buy new shanks and teeth, and do whatever bucket work is necessary to retrofit. Before I do that, I want to make an educated selection as to new tooth system. What do y'all think is the most popular/easiest to obtain/best value tooth system for general use on a 38" bucket on a 50k machine? (Notice I said best VALUE, not cheapest) I know somebody's going to ask what dealers are local to me. This machine is for my own use on my property, so local availability isn't an issue for me. It's no big deal for me to wait for parts. Easy online availability of parts is actually more helpful, instead of driving around to find them. Any advice for me?
Check this post. HeavyEquipmentForums
I switched the teeth out on my machine to King Met teeth, I've used them for years and have never lost a tooth. Genalco sells them and will ship to your door, they usually have a deal going that if you buy the teeth they give you the shanks for free or heavily discounted. Genalco also has a walk in store in west haven too.
I would personally look at Esco teeth. I'm not sure what you have for an Esco dealer near you, or what the pricing would be, but they are worth a look. Which series or line would suit your needs best is something else to look at. We wear through teeth at an unbelivable rate, and the Escos give us the best wear and value overall.
X2 esco has some pretty aggressive pricing on complete lip assemblies (with shanks pre-welded)