Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mother of all tower cranes

jimmyjack ยท 2008-06-14 22:34

found this video,little to high for me thought i read its something like 2,000ft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnlnIevXnVc here's a better vid from the discovery channel its worth the watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LjTWSKbfiU&feature=related

Replies15
  1. #1CheeseHead2008-06-15 11:09

    Awsome find

  2. #2stretch2008-06-15 12:19

    Wow...that is one huge tower. Anyone here worked in Dubai?

  3. #3hitch2008-07-21 23:35

    Really tall!

  4. #4Eric2008-07-24 20:06

    I was gettin' queezy just watching the video.:throwup I knew there was a reason I liked working with dirt.... it's rarely 1/2 a mile up!!

  5. #5blair212009-08-26 07:00

    cool vids man.. liking Dubai these days.. lots of sweet machinery

  6. #6Dualie2009-09-05 03:25

    does anyone know the actual finished hight in feet? Including the buildings designers?

  7. #7blair212009-09-06 07:13

    i dont know the exact height.. but i do know that it is going to be extremely high..would be a bit scary working on top of it

  8. #8bigblueox2009-09-07 13:53

    i think its supposed to be over 500m tall nope sorry 818m or 2684 feet for all of us on the other side of the pond.DANG!

  9. #9WooshNI2009-09-07 15:00

    I was in Dubai at Christmas the building is opening this week 09/09/09 its height is 818 m (2,684 ft).

  10. #10Speedpup2009-11-19 19:44

    your fuel bills at work! They can afford it also because labor is probably dirt cheap. I saw where laborers in mideast were on strike because they were getting 50 cents per hour.

  11. #11HLNTOIZ2009-11-19 20:09

    I would be interesed to see what an earthquake would do over there. All that sand would be quick sand!

  12. #12amtronic2009-11-28 13:50

    It's not that they don't have a whole lotta sand to build on, its all ego wanting it high. I read Dubai is defaulting on some loans. Great, looks like I'll end up taking the hit in my 401K somehow.

  13. #13liebherr11602010-01-24 10:40

    This is the real mother of the towers .. Kroll K10,000 Has a smaller tower to do the maintainence ...

  14. #14craneblogger2010-01-28 12:36

    If you guys have any really cool crane photos you should enter them in this contest: http://www.craneblogger.com/crane-photo-contest/ there are 9 replica crane models you can win.

  15. #15gostr8r2011-06-21 19:32

    Liebherr1160 is right about that one! It's a beast among beast's. A Peiner tech [who was featured in a Discovery Channel show putting up a t/c in a rain forest jungle [using a helicopter], that I know well and he's very connected, says that they have one like it, almost as big, and with the secondary hammerhead t/c crane on top too. I don't know if he meant on paper, or that they actually had sold one tho.