Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

motor bogs when trying to turn?

Norbert77 ยท 2016-09-28 21:25

Don't know what happened, didn't own it very long. 1984 deere 693B Trying to turn, the motor bogs right down as it struggles. Even at full engine speed. Goes forward and backward fine, left side track weak. Also left brake weak so I have to do the one track forward one track backward. I was told by dealer that some drive motors got upgraded to piston tip amd there stronger, mine is the old type. Maybe it's not meant to drive both track in opposite directions?

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-28 21:47

    The ones with the gear motors were always weak, the operators just got in the habit of bucket down, lift, spin, track, and back on their way. Probably need to have the pumps flow tested for efficiency and the main reliefs set, if the pumps are worn or the main reliefs are set low, the oil bypassing robs horsepower. The swivel joint seals could also be leaking, it's common. As I recall the counter rotation was best accomplished if you could get both tracks moving in one direction and then suddenly reverse on, the inertia and having the tracks broke loose from the ground helped.

  2. #2oarwhat2016-09-29 06:43

    I think you mean a 690B? We had one. The left track on all of them is weak. They didn't like to turn. Our motor wouldn't bog down though.

  3. #3Norbert772016-09-29 07:12

    It's s 693b feller buncher turned into excavator. Good to know that they all suck, I'm not so worried now as full of regret for buying it. Is removing the swivel a lot of work? Which bolt is the drain bolt on the planetary gear housing? They all look the same

  4. #4lantraxco2016-09-29 11:49

    They're working fools with a stubborn operator, just a little slower than the newer machines and as stated a bit weak on the tracks. Just gotta compensate for the limitations some. Yes, the swivel is ugly, heavy, greasy, oily, nasty, and as I recall only accessible from the top. Might be best to do some flow/pressure tests first to determine where the problem is. Planetary hub should have a magnetic plug on the side of the round hub.