Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Motor Grader V-Pick

Scrb ยท 2016-02-11 08:26

I am looking for pictures of front mounted v-picks.I have seen some of the counties in Iowa run them.We have on old front mounted scarifier we would like to make one out of.we also have an old set of sandvicks to mount on it.I would also like to know the ones that run these if you prefer the v-pick type or just a dozer blade type. We already have dozer blades cut down for the graders with just strait blades on them.

Replies13
  1. #1Graderfan19812016-02-12 06:55

    The small Champion graders have both on the front - scarifier and front blade togehter: http://assets.cougar.nineentertainm...00/assets/traderspecs/2013/12/09/misc/c80.jpg

  2. #2Scrb2016-02-12 10:32

    On a related note,I saw somewhere on here someone had posted a picture of a sandvick or kennametal bit system they had mounted to a rear ripper.If anyone could post a pic or a link to it that would be great. Thanks

  3. #3Graderfan19812016-02-12 17:30

    I remember the photo and saved it, i don't know where is the thread here. Copyright User Northart Copyright User Northart

  4. #4Jonas3022016-02-12 18:53

    We pull sandvics on the ripper mounted an old moldboard from a underbody slides into the pocket like the one above I can take a pic when the grader is home it was out ripping ice yesterday

  5. #5Scrb2016-02-17 14:37

    Thanks for the pictures,we are going to mount an old set of sandvicks to a cut down dozer blader and see how that works.

  6. #6Jonas3022016-02-21 20:44
  7. #7Graderfan19812016-02-23 16:15

    Looks interesting what you have made, great idea, thanks for the pictures

  8. #8Michael Choy2017-03-28 00:56

    are these the picks you are after?

  9. #9Razorsedge20032017-03-28 20:08

    I Thought about something like that to go on the front about a year ago. Maybe might help bust through the hard limestone roads. I Saw them in Iowa. Management at the county basically laughed me out of the room, I just was trying to be more efficient. Oh well!

  10. #10Rowdy162017-03-29 20:21

    I know that feeling. I've been trying to get a disc and roller for years. I guess they figure the public can beat down the sod and I'll have time to go back to it.

  11. #11Razorsedge20032017-03-30 14:49

    They don't even want any berm pulled in here. Claim that it makes gravel contaminated, get to muddy, the people don't like it.

  12. #12Cat 140M AWD2017-03-31 07:47

    This is what I run on my machine really works good just regular dozer blade with the john Deere stinger system on it

  13. #13Rowdy162017-03-31 21:51

    New boss has not wanted to give us time to do it for fours years, and now it's on the emergency list. Whenever he mentions public complaints I mention better tools, but I think we'll be told to stop pulling shoulders soon.