Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Motor graders in Canada

Claudine · 2023-04-10 13:03

Hello! What would you say are the least popular motor grader brands in Canada?

Replies10
  1. #1cuttin edge2023-04-10 18:24

    Never see Komatsu graders. Only see the big 3. Cat, Deere, and Volvo

  2. #220/802023-04-10 19:22

    Seen a older Komatsu and a Case, didn't think much of the case, but Komatsu has come along way and have a nice looking and well built Grader now, they have blade controls similar to the Deeres grader pro series joysticks, they also have the antler style also, Komatsu is getting more popular, their excavators are on alot of worksites in this area, seem to be less troublesome than Cats

  3. #3cuttin edge2023-04-10 20:38

    Case is New Holland. I have never seen a Komatsu grader other than pictures. When I worked for Essons, they had a 300 Komatsu hoe. It was a great machine. A few loaders around. Now that Volvo is out of the grader business, I suspect Deere will be top dog around here with DOT

  4. #420/802023-04-11 04:19

    When it comes to the DOT the lowest bidder gets the contract of suppling gear, we had John Deere backhoe's and graders for years along with Cat, now its all Cat, they supply the hoe's and Graders, Deere got squeezed out, liked the Deere backhoe a lot better than Cat, their graders worked good also, we still have a few.

  5. #5Vetech632023-04-11 08:04

    I'll admit, I'm here to check out Claudine. She is GREEN!

  6. #6Claudine2023-04-11 09:11

    As in new, or like the Grinch?

  7. #7cuttin edge2023-04-11 11:20

    I thought Dexters owns all the Cat dealers in Nova Scotia. I could see them getting rid of Deere.

  8. #820/802023-04-11 15:34

    They just might, lol, there's a Goldmine in Mooseland Rd, the owners of the mine are using all new Cat Excavators and dozers and graders, sub contractor is using all Komatsu, one of the mine Foremans told me its a good thing they have Komatsu products on the site or they would be at a stand still relying on Cat products to do the work, major problems with Cats gear and their tier 4 emission tech, I have seen it first hand.

  9. #9cuttin edge2023-04-11 16:28

    We had a 950F, and it was the last good Cat loader. The G and H were unreliable, but seem to be ok now. They bought a new 950 a couple years ago. Like a cheap version of an M. Lots of emission issues. They had a 972 Cat and it was junk. Replaced it with a 180 volvo. But this is the second 980M, and they seem to be a good machine. Boss was telling me, a new Volvo L70 loader is around $340'000, and a new L90 is $380. They ordered a new Bobcat track loader just before the price jumped about $40,000

  10. #1020/802023-04-11 18:40

    It is absolutely crazy how the pricing has increased on equipment and just about everything else, I bought a new tractor last year and I bet you that same tractor is 10 grand more this year, unbelievable, not sure when it will end, people seem to keep buying though despite the price increases, not sure where the money is coming from.