I had the motor pulled on the 2008 Deere CT332. The mechanic started tearing into it today for excessive engine blow by. Keep in mind the motor never over heated, nor did the motor really ever knock. Once he got the head off Cylinder no.1 ring had gotten so hot it sealed itself to the piston and scored the walls. Cylinder No.4 was close to doing the same. He said he is trying to check on parts and aftermarket ones. His plan is to sleeve cylinders 1 and 4. and bore the rest and put new pistons, rings, and bearings in the motor. So here is my question, he is having trouble finding parts for this Deere, especially Aftermarket. Can anyone shed some light on parts or a source to help him.
Give Engine Power Source a call. I can't say about the particular engine in that machine, but I've been dealing with these folks for years and they know engines. > http://www.enginepowersource.com/
?? http://www.stour2.com/listing/john-deere-pe-5030t-82-h-p/
LoL, leave it to lantraxco to find a complete engine. :drinkup
I'd rather be lucky than good Willie! I didn't look, was it in Knoxville too? :tong
It might wind up with a new engine. if we don't find parts. Man im striking out everywhere
Does Deere not have parts for these, they're not that old? The parts book shows piston kits in .25 and .50 oversize, I expect that would be millimeters. And an oversize head gasket.
Deere will have rebuild kits for that engine. I can get a rebuild kit for my 2007 4045hf275 here in OZ, was quoted $1600 AUD which included pistons,rings, bearings, liners and a complete gasket/seal kit. Valve guides and cam followers, cam bearings not included
This is a weirdball engine, no liners, FIVE cylinder diesel... no wonder there's no aftermarket for it yet. Maybe a Fiat derivative?