Hi everyone, for a project I am busy with the design of roads, parking lots etc. on a hill. The material on the surface is limestone-like material, and ancient coral reefs ( it is in the carribean). We want to optimize the cut-fill balance as good as possible because it is quite expensive to transport material to the site. So we want to cut the slopes, and use the material in the roads and parcels. Question is, what equipment do I need for ripping the material? I thought to use a D8R for ripping/dozing and a Cat 325/336 for excavating and a hammer if needed. I found the Caterpillar handbook of ripping for estimating what dozer I need for penetrating different materials, is there also data for what excavator you need for penetrating different materials? If there is someone with experience in the carribean, please let me know!
No replies yet.